Could 30 day visa exemption be extended in Cheng Wattana ?

I'm Filipino. I have currently traveled in Thailand on my 30 day visa exemption. Could I extend my 30 day visa exemption in Cheng Wattana to get another 30 days ?

After doing some searches, I've found that tourist visa can be extended, but there isn't anybody mentioning about whether or not the 30 day visa exemption could be extended.

Could somebody who tried extending his/her 30 day visa exemption in Thailand before give me some advice? and what documents does it require? Thanks

Yes you can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days for a fee of 1900 baht.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days for a fee of 1900 baht.

Thanks for your answer.

Would I have to show any document like bank account statement or rental contract ? and how many times could a person extend his/her 30 day visa exemption in Cheng Wattana consecutively ?

4 minutes ago, LMYORK said:

Would I have to show any document like bank account statement or rental contract ? and how many times could a person extend his/her 30 day visa exemption in Cheng Wattana consecutively ?

You will need nothing more than what I mentioned.

You can only get one extension per entry.

If you left and reentered the country to get a new entry you could get an extension of it.

It would be best though to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get a single entry tourist visa.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need nothing more than what I mentioned.

You can only get one extension per entry.

If you left and reentered the country to get a new entry you could get an extension of it.

It would be best though to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get a single entry tourist visa.

Thanks

You might also be able to have this done at Bumrungrad Hospital which spans Sukhumvit sois 1 and 3, more convenient and faster than going all the way to Chaengwattana.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/services-and-facilities/business-center

Bumrungrad has Immigration officers visit every Saturday to handle this, you just have to make an appointment first. I was able to have a 60-day tourist visa extended there fairly quickly despite NOT being a patient or relative. The link above simply states "visa" and not what kind of visa specifically (tourist or exempt), so try calling or popping in to ask.

Edited by a1falang

9 hours ago, a1falang said:

You might also be able to have this done at Bumrungrad Hospital

a friend of mine told me about this.  unfortunately it was one of the - my friend's friend did it. so i couldn't get all the details.  would be interesting to know if anyone has recvd immigration services at bumrungrad.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:46 AM, a1falang said:

You might also be able to have this done at Bumrungrad Hospital which spans Sukhumvit sois 1 and 3, more convenient and faster than going all the way to Chaengwattana.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/services-and-facilities/business-center

Bumrungrad has Immigration officers visit every Saturday to handle this, you just have to make an appointment first. I was able to have a 60-day tourist visa extended there fairly quickly despite NOT being a patient or relative. The link above simply states "visa" and not what kind of visa specifically (tourist or exempt), so try calling or popping in to ask.

I'm not a Bumrungrad patient. In fact I hate the place. But I would go there for 90 day report as I live rather close. Can one just turn up there on a Saturday?

On 3/13/2018 at 6:17 PM, Letseng said:

I'm not a Bumrungrad patient. In fact I hate the place. But I would go there for 90 day report as I live rather close. Can one just turn up there on a Saturday?

I did turn up unannounced, arriving at 8am, and was told next time I should make an appointment but they could process me this time (I can't remember what service charge I paid). Below is an email I received from them:

Business Center provides visa extension in Bumrungrad International Hospital once a week called “ONE STOP SERVICE”

Regarding all visa documents must be completed and checked before the service date.

Therefore, you are required to contact Business Center at least 10 days before your visa expires.

Then, we can arrange paper works and the appointment for you.

XXX Citizens who hold on arrival visas / tourist visas can have 30 – Day extension.   

Price breakdown;

1.Hospital service charge              : THB 850 / person

2.Photo service                                 : THB 50 / person

3.Inpatient photo printing            : THB 50 / person (if any)

4.MSN service                                   : THB 400 (if any)

5.Visa fee                                            : THB 1,900 / person

6.Overstay fine                                 : THB 500 / person / day (if any)

In case of walk-in service,

Business Center will need to charge for a hospital service charge as “walk-in service rate THB 1500 / people”

excluding immigration fees or etc.

I didn't pay for 3, 4 or 6. Note the difference in the service charge depending on whether you make an appointment or just walk in. I would check with them in advance about your nationality, too, as they may not extend visa exempts for 30 days for some nationalities.

Edited by a1falang