PCX 2018 vs Nmax 2018

maxipeon

I you have the choice between the two which one you take? (And please no aerox).

On the new design I like the black and gold of the nmax, and still have the two disc brake, feel more secure with this bike.

And for the PCX 2018 I love the new LED tail light, and the new digital speedometer, plus you can charge your phone, gadget but I like it.

10 hours ago, HLover said:

The Yamaha is not as good as the Honda on petrol efficiency.

Hope that helps a bit.

How is Honda petrol efifiency?

Yamaha if drive less than 80kmh can be near 3 lper km and if top speed 111-120 its be near 5.. So? How is Honda?

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

How is Honda petrol efifiency?

Yamaha if drive less than 80kmh can be near 3 lper km and if top speed 111-120 its be near 5.. So? How is Honda?

Not here for a debate, just passing on personal experience.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:07 PM, ardokano said:

That is down to aerodynamics.

Quick and dirty calculation reveals that for 80 kph you need to use about 4.5hp but for 120 kph you need 13.5hp  so 3l/100kms up to 5 seems reasonable. 

General consensus is that Yamaha's have better build quality but Hondas are more popular. Go figure. Yamaha is mechanically more advanced. If one is into mechanical stuff.  

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

That is down to aerodynamics.

Quick and dirty calculation reveals that for 80 kph you need to use about 4.5hp but for 120 kph you need 13.5hp  so 3l/100kms up to 5 seems reasonable. 

General consensus is that Yamaha's have better build quality but Hondas are more popular. Go figure. Yamaha is mechanically more advanced. If one is into mechanical stuff.  

Yep. I am not complained. Just say how many is Petrol efficiency on N Max. And ask guy how is on Honda.:)

I am interested in buying the PCX 150 (2018). I visited the Honda shop in Hua Hin.

They only had one model in the shop which was red-black. The three other colour choices were: silver-black; black; and white black. If I didn’t want red-black it would take about one month for them to order a model in a diffetent colour.

The price they gave for the one in the shop was:

98,000 plus 2,700 for insurance, plus 1,500 for tax, so 102,200 in total.

I did a google search for pcx prices but the ones listed were all in Thai, but seemed to give the price as 82,300.

The prices quoted in the Honda shop seem to be on the high side.

What do other readers think please? 

52 minutes ago, silver sea said:

I am interested in buying the PCX 150 (2018). I visited the Honda shop in Hua Hin.

They only had one model in the shop which was red-black. The three other colour choices were: silver-black; black; and white black. If I didn’t want red-black it would take about one month for them to order a model in a diffetent colour.

The price they gave for the one in the shop was:

98,000 plus 2,700 for insurance, plus 1,500 for tax, so 102,200 in total.

I did a google search for pcx prices but the ones listed were all in Thai, but seemed to give the price as 82,300.

The prices quoted in the Honda shop seem to be on the high side.

What do other readers think please? 

Price its recommendations. And 2700 for insurance if it not some 1 class or 2+ its to much. And maybe some extra have for this is price.  So you can discussion about price. And go to another shop.. 

NMax has 13" wheels vs 14" of PCX, also some people report quite a bit of vibration felt from NMax at certain RPMs. On the other hand NMax has a more powerful engine and a bit lighter in weight, so has higher top speed, and at 6000 RPM it kicks in their variable valve actuation mechanism that gives it more torque and acceleration. Also PCX  has a larger fuel tank (as mentioned consumption on a scooter is really not a big deal). All of this mentioned on the other thread....

But the price of PCX quoted by dealers now make it a bit ridiculous to buy, so NMax becomes an outright winner if dealers are adding 15k on top of RRP of PCX... !

Here is my little chart - non accuracy disclosure etc. ! lol

Honda Forza 300 Yamaha XMAX 300 Suzuki Burgnan 200 Honda PCX 150 Yamaha NMAX 155 Yamaha AeroX 155
Year for spec 2016 2017 2015 2015 2015 2017
Power (HP) 25.48 27.60 18.1 13.1 14.8 14.8
Torque (Nm) 26 29 16.8 13.1 14.4 13.8
Cooling system Liquid Liquid Liquid Liquid Liquid Liquid
Front tyre 120/70-14 ABS 120/70-15 ABS 110/90-13 ABS 90/90-14 CBS 110/70-13 ABS 110/80-14 ABS
Back tyre 140/70-13 ABS 140/70-14 ABS 130/70-12 ABS 100/90-14 CBS 130/70-13 ABS 140/70-14 ABS
Curb Weight (kg) 194 179 163 130 127 117
Power/Wieght Ratio (HP/kg) 0.1313 0.1542 0.1110 0.1008 0.1165 0.1265
Overall length (mm) 2,185 2,185 2,055 1,931 1,966 1,990
Width (mm) 750 775 740 737 740 700
Ground clearance (mm) 135 135 130 135 135 142
Wheelbase (mm) 1,540 1,540 1,465 1,315 1,350 1,350
Fuel capacity (litres) 12 13 11 8 6.6 4.6
Top speed (km/hr) 145 165 120 112 120 120
Underseat (litres) 48 45 45 25 ? 25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maxipeon said:

I just care about the 2018 ones.

From what I read very little has changed on PCX 2018, in fact the last few years. I think some LED light, remote key, shape of the rear lights, some panels, 12v charger and few other very cosmetic stuff... (nothing to say I buy PCX 2018 because it's so much better than, say 2015...!). Well, it has I missed it...lol

From what I read very little has changed on PCX 2018, in fact the last few years. I think some LED light, remote key, shape of the rear lights, some panels, 12v charger and few other very cosmetic stuff... (nothing to say I buy PCX 2018 because it's so much better than, say 2015...!). Well, it has I missed it...lol

This sounds a little like a ‘what did the Romans ever do for us’ post! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda has become very lazy in coming up with new models and/or descend upgrades to their scooters, they sell so much they think why change - but that maybe their downfall....

Everyone is waiting for a new Forza upgrade but I don't hold my breath....

Honda has become very lazy in coming up with new models and/or descend upgrades to their scooters, they sell so much they think why change - but that maybe their downfall....

Everyone is waiting for a new Forza upgrade but I don't hold my breath....

I like the new look of it, but haven’t seen any evidence that it’s coming or not coming to Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking for a while I could get a 2nd hand Forza (about 4 years old and low mileage, good condition) for about 80k these days, that has a lot of power for overtaking in the hills and perfect for motorway cruising, good top speed and comfy seat. 

The downside is that it is fairly large, but comparing to NMax (my next best option - value for money, buy new or 2 years old, good condition, for 60k these days) , the Forza is just 20cm longer and 10cm wider, that doesn't sound much ... !!! Okay it's heavier but you get 26 HP.

XMax is great if you want to splash the cash, in a few years there will be excellent 2nd hand options on the market. I have no problem buying 2nd hand from a farang who looked after the bike. One owner from new, low mileage and you can hardly go wrong, and cheap to fix anything here - does your bike really have to be a virgin, it's not a girl you know... lol

PCX is my least favorite, lowest power, and new or 2nd hand prices are high due to popularity with Thais. I read somewhere it is the most stolen bike in Thailand - get a good insurance.... !? lol

Aerox is a good option, my friend has R version and comes with me on trips, very agile, but when I rode it I thought it was not that comfy, you could feel every bump on the road straight on your backside, but that's just me..... (it is a great bike nevertheless, value for money, my 3rd best option)

I love to hear from NMax owners about the handle vibration issue, if it really is an issue, comparing to other bikes, that would be a terrible downer for this bike as everything else is really great ! Okay top speed may be not that much for highway comparing to Forza/XMax but a good all-rounder... 

Suzuki Burgman is not really here or there and not many about for a good 2nd hand deal, I think new prices are a bit high for what you get. Power and top speed not that much better than 150cc bikes...!

8 hours ago, ardokano said:

Nice scooter. But not have disc brakes.

Its a scooter <deleted> !

Aerox has disc on the front and drum on the rear...

Thats ok for the performance of the bike.

Many seem to agree - Aerox now Yamaha's best selling bike.

Edited by properperson
  • Like 1