Chonburi Police trains 1,500 tourist-assistance volunteers

Rimmer

Chonburi Police trains 1,500 tourist-assistance volunteers

image.png

PATTAYA:--Chonburi Police trained about, 1,500 people to become tourist-assistance volunteers to improve safety and convenience for visitors.

Provincial chief Pol. Maj. Gen. Nuntachart Supamongkol opened the Feb. 26 course at the First Pacific Hotel & Convention in Pattaya with Royal Thai Police Cadet Academy assistant professor Pol. Col. Tatchakorn Sangthongdee serving as the lead speaker.

The primary job of tourist-assistance volunteers is to assist visitors by answering questions and providing information on tourist attractions. They also can assist travelers in trouble and supplement police in patrolling busy areas.

The volunteers were broken into groups of 500 and given lessons in martial arts and assisting in emergency response. They also were educated on Chonburi’s various tourist attractions.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-09

2 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

The primary job of tourist-assistance volunteers is to assist visitors by answering questions and providing information on tourist attractions. They also can assist travelers in trouble and supplement police in patrolling busy areas.

The volunteers were broken into groups of 500 and given lessons in martial arts...

Seems a lesson in common language phrases and conflict mediation would be more appropriate.

Tourist: Ohh, I've just been robbed by a drug infused drag queen!

TP- ohh, no worry.

Tourist: you don't understand (waving hands frantically) he grabbed my testicles and stole my money/phone and bashed me with an unusually large stilleto shoe!

TP- : "Hiiyaaa" *karate chop to the head*

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The primary job of tourist-assistance volunteers is to assist visitors by answering questions and providing information on tourist attractions.

I have difficulties to put the picture and this text together unless it is considered to the best way of informing a falang

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ostyan said:

I have difficulties to put the picture and this text together unless it is considered to the best way of informing a falang

If you have ever worked for a Thai company (owned by Thais, managed by Thais), you will know their training courses never really focus on the objective and are, frankly, superb examples of ineffective use of time. They never, never, however, miss an opportunity to reinforce the hierarchical structure. Perhaps the martial arts training here is just to beat you up as an initiation.

p.s. not wishing to sing my own praises, but despite having better Thai language skills than most, I won't be volunteering.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Briggsy said:

If you have ever worked for a Thai company (owned by Thais, managed by Thais), you will know their training courses never really focus on the objective and are, frankly, superb examples of ineffective use of time. They never, never, however, miss an opportunity to reinforce the hierarchical structure. Perhaps the martial arts training here is just to beat you up as an initiation.

yes, I have been working here since 2010....agree with you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The volunteers were broken into groups of 500 and given lessons in martial arts and assisting in emergency response. They also were educated on Chonburi’s various tourist attractions.

So they can beat the shitt out of us tourists when we complain