Where Is The Rain

anon467848

I thought the North was supposed to be getting some rain today. Apparently it was raining in BKK this morning.

I heard some loud claps of thunder last night, so I assumed the rain was coming. Has anybody in CNX had any rain?

I'm in San Kamphaeng...

Edited by merlin2002

It pissed down last night on Mae Jo Road,must have seeded the clouds

above,as other areas had none,

Good for the garden,and it showed a couple leaks in the roof,which i

will fix before it really starts to rain........then someone will post ..when is the rain going to stop.

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet by the Mae Wong national park and we had a thunderstorm with a lot of heavy rain from just before 7 this morning until about 10 am. The single phase power went down about 07.45 and came back at 14.14. It dropped out an hour later for another couple of hours.

Yes read the accuweather reports but alas.... no rain in my area within Mae Rim.

Heard from guests in missus guesthouse that there was rain in the Chiang Mai gate area late last night.

However the temp has been rather cool and nice the last few days. 31 or 32 is quite liveable....37 is getting a bit steep.

Good for bike riding too...both motorbike and bicycle.

On Nimmanhamin around midnight there were gusty winds and a few big drops.  My hopes went way up, then it ended; not enough rain to wet the ground.  I felt like Christmas had been cancelled.

According to Accuweather we may get some rains starting around the 24th, if you believe forecasts that far out.  Until then I guess we hold our breath.

Its not unusual in our 11 years living here in Wang Tan Village, Hang Dong to be at the back of the queue for rain.

Many first falls,usually thunderstorms, have been around Songkran or after, Its a lucky dip where it chooses to fall.

One postive after last years "rainy season" there appears to be no shortage of water in the dams.

I just got back from three weeks in Chiang Mai.  It was very dry, and hot.  I got two little spells of rain.  Once at night and once during the afternoon.  I can only fathom the heat over the next two months.  BTW, what happened to my old home, Chiang Mai?  It is dead.  How sad.  I guess "you can't go back to Kansas anymore."  No more vibe.  No more charm.  Ergo, I'm off this web-site.  Happy trails...

38 minutes ago, 212Roger said:

I just got back from three weeks in Chiang Mai.  It was very dry, and hot.  I got two little spells of rain.  Once at night and once during the afternoon.  I can only fathom the heat over the next two months.  BTW, what happened to my old home, Chiang Mai?  It is dead.  How sad.  I guess "you can't go back to Kansas anymore."  No more vibe.  No more charm.  Ergo, I'm off this web-site.  Happy trails...

Since the 2014 coup things have gone steeply downhill in Chiang Mai.  I'm sure that the fact the Chiang Mai is seen as opposition territory by the military dictatorship junta government temporarily transitioning to "Thai style" democracy has nothing to do with it.