Driver wrecks house in early morning crash

webfact

Driver wrecks house in early morning crash

By The Nation

7861b37b6e7972cc1d3018d8e7577e4c.jpeg

A 28-year-old Thai man lost control of his sedan and crashed it into a Somtam vendor's house on Mae Sot-Mae Tao Road in Tak's Mae Sot district early Sunday morning.

The unnamed driver who was seriously injured in the 1am crash was suspected to be driving the vehicle under alcohol influence, said deputy inspector Pol Captain Prayuk Khamra of the Mae Sot precinct.

The crash impact had broke Saengchan Saemsri's front porch's concrete pillar in half and caused the concrete wall of her living room to collapse, while her pick-up truck's right side was dented. The alleged drunk driver's Toyota Camri sedan was found to overturn by the crash impact which also sent the driver flying through the front windshield. The seriously injured driver was unconscious and rushed Mae Sot Hospital. 

Saengchan said she and family members were sleeping in the back section of this one-storey house when they heard a loud crash. They found that the sedan had crashed into the house's front poach and living room. 

Police initially suspected that the man was driving in high speed and lost control of the vehicle at the curve near this house. Police said they would test him of the alcohol level in blood as they suspected he might also be intoxicated.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340684

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-12

Perfectly normal driving behavior in Thailand.

Why assume he was drunk,  they don't need alcohol to do this.

but it does give them an excuse,  rather than admitting they are bad people.

it could brake there little faces. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I'm surprised it even made the news.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

Some cultures are not ready for technology as it requires some basic common sense and proper education. I did my Thai driving test, if you can call it that.... 

Bring it on man...I mean the flying cars Ha!:laugh:

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No. It's the law which always in Thailand supports the wrongdoer. If this driver was named in an article that suggests he was drunk he can sue for damaging his reputation. Just another aspect of the lunatic asylum that is Thailand.

Yet another Thai logic. If news report him as drink driving, it should be a result of the journalist having obtained a record of the breathalyzer. I guess somchai could crash into the newstation  if he is upset with the tainted reputation.Same like the fire at Pattaya Walking Street. A few hours later they concluded it was due to  transformer. Do they even know what a forensic expert is?