Brand new transformer exploded causing fire that injured two behind Walking Street

webfact

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So original.  Don't you lot feel embarrassed copying other poster's dynamic work?

Had not read the other posts when posting, so no copying just the obvious thing that came to mind...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

or the transformer just wasn't big enough to cope with all the load from the bars and restaurants in the area  

More than likely....never check loads in the area and crappy Thai made trannies!

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Just Weird said:

So original.  Don't you lot feel embarrassed copying other poster's dynamic work?

nope...and I don't even feel embarrassed for not reading through pages and pages of comments to make sure I didn't double up on a posting! (but I may attempt to do so in the future so as to not bother others)

Edited by Lee4Life

On 12/03/2018 at 5:27 PM, kingstonkid said:

Not sure how BUT I would think there has to be a way to test the load on the transformer.  If they did this properly they would have clubs one at a time power everything in the bar up to see if they reach the max.  Then maybe install a second transformer.

They do test them. 

Or should. 

Plus if you look at the transformer you will see the three circuit 

Breakers.

Normally white ceramic giant fuses. 

Three phase transformers. 

There is a burn in or run in on transformers.

Before shipping. 

But..

If you have the wrong size breaker installed... 

She starts to cooking.. Ha-ha 

A bit like putting a six inch nail in your fuse at home.. 

Would not be surprised if the new one was installed and the breakers were the wrong amperage. 

Edited by dallen52

On 14/03/2018 at 9:34 AM, Lee4Life said:

nope...and I don't even feel embarrassed for not reading through pages and pages of comments to make sure I didn't double up on a posting! (but I may attempt to do so in the future so as to not bother others)

...and neither should you feel embarrassed Khun Lee krub IMHO after all, aren't great minds s'posed to think alike? :wai:

14 hours ago, dallen52 said:

But..

If you have the wrong size breaker installed... 

She starts to cooking.. Ha-ha 

That is assuming that the transformer got overloaded.

As far as I can recall there has always been a transformer in that location, so the new one was a replacement, and I doubt they replace an old one with a lesser capacity one.