Honda servicing

lowprofile

37 minutes ago, trd said:
13 hours ago, stevenl said:
I think anupas still does service.

Anupas has closed.

I dont think that is correct.

Anupas is not the Phuket Honda dealer anymore, but have announced they will continue servicing. So it could be that right now they don't offer service, but that is supposed to resume quickly. From the press conference " Anupas would like to offer garages for all brands and car rental service in the near future ".

Anupas is not the Phuket Honda dealer anymore, but have announced they will continue servicing. So it could be that right now they don't offer service, but that is supposed to resume quickly. From the press conference " Anupas would like to offer garages for all brands and car rental service in the near future ".
What does the near future mean in Thai terms? Right now it's closed and it's too bad if you need a service. I've heard the new service centers is very small and they don't hold a big inventory of parts. I've just been looking at a open letter someone has written to Honda expressing their disgust about what's happened in Phuket. There must be a lot of pissed-off Honda owners here and I'm one of them. It's gone the way of Chevrolet whose owners have to drive to Krabi for a service.

19 minutes ago, trd said:
1 hour ago, stevenl said:
I think you're jumping the gun.

But up to you.

Ha ha. How long have you been in Thailand?

Why? If longer than you, which seems likely, you'll say 'and still haven't learned anything', if not as long as you you you'll come back with 'first get some experience here greenhorn'.

The Thalang service center is closed.

A "vehicle receiver" at Phuket Town service center, when I went on the day of the announcement, said it was closing. No spare parts were being ordered - try Krabi, he said..

Eventually found one part in Sampom (?), a shop on Thepkasatrri not far from the old BMW dealer. Phuket Arai on  the airport bypass road is another possibility. Still trying to locate another part, though.

As far as the "how long have you been in Thailand" comment goes, it doesn't matter. A company like Anuphas should not be shutting up shop and telling customers "tough". Supposedly reputable company (and family) - reputation shot, and deservedly so.

21 hours ago, stevenl said:

The old Anupas Honda shop near the Shell station looks closed. There's a new sign on the doors already and it is not a Honda one. Expecting a new Chinese tourist business to open soon, as that's the direction this company is taking right now.