New Bangkok-Pattaya-Sattahib tourist train service to kick off Saturday

webfact

• 2 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, zaphod reborn said:

Even adding a Friday night train would be a big boost.  Most Bangkokians would not want to miss the Friday night fun in Pattaya, so the bus or private car will still be the best option for the weekend escape.

Most Bangkokians wouldn't be found dead in Pattaya.

7 minutes ago, johng said:
32 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Its jammed packed with Bangkok vehicles every weekend or public holiday.

It was a bit worse a couple of years ago, it now seems the hordes are heading a bit more south. Terminal 21 will probably bring in another invasion of the mall rats, though. At least it's all the way up north.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

That's such a myth spread by uninformed expats.  I work with a lot of Thais, and they all have a fondness for Pattaya as a different weekend getaway (most prefer Hua Hin).  Just look at how much traffic is carried on the 7 Motorway into Pattaya every Friday evening.

29 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

That's such a myth spread by uninformed expats.  I work with a lot of Thais, and they all have a fondness for Pattaya as a different weekend getaway (most prefer Hua Hin).  Just look at how much traffic is carried on the 7 Motorway into Pattaya every Friday evening.

I work with a 35 Thai's and have quite a few friends. That there are quite a few people from Bangkok in Pattaya during the weekend doesn't mean that MOST Bangkokians like Pattaya.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:32 PM, johng said:

I saw it go by a couple of weekends ago...didn't get chance to wave at them or snap a photo.

I have see it go by several times between Pattaya and Satahip but since, unlike the daily train, this blue one has tinted windows so it is impossible to determine the passenger load 

• Like 1