Republicans sound alarm as Democrats claim Pennsylvania win

webfact

7 hours ago, LydiaConners said:

Why don't you mentionn continuing Republican opposition to gay marriage. That's a very unpopular position. And just like happened with gay marriage, the public is rapidly moving towards acceptance of transgender people.

Because I didn't think it was relevant? The people and the courts lead, politicians follow.

18 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Because I didn't think it was relevant? The people and the courts lead, politicians follow.

The polls show there is already a narrow majority in support of transgender rights. How do you think that's going to play out in the future?  

2 minutes ago, LydiaConners said:

The polls show there is already a narrow majority in support of transgender rights. How do you think that's going to play out in the future?  

I don't know.  What rights do transgenders not have that others do have?

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Folks will continue to vote with their pocketbooks. Who can help them the most? If you're on welfare, enjoy special benefits and want to continue then a dem is likely for you. If you still believe in the American way, believe you can succeed on your own without entitlements...then voting dem maybe wrong for you.

You might pursue some facts re: poverty/welfare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_poverty

But so many would rather say "those people are just lazy." Such an ignorant view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Lamb won by a wide margin. The GOP and the deflector in chief should get used to it. They are going to get absolutely trounced in November. The population is going to speak, and Tiny Don is going to be quite humiliated with the results. He may end up a lame duck, for the balance of his one and only term. That is my prediction. If there is one thing that the Don has accomplished, it is to energize the democratic party. 

That slim margin — out of almost 230,000 ballots cast in a district that Mr. Trump carried by nearly 20 percentage points in 2016 — nonetheless upended the political landscape ahead of November’s midterm elections. It also emboldened Democrats to run maverick campaigns even in deep-red areas where Republicans remain bedeviled by Mr. Trump’s unpopularity.

Ohhhhhhhhh it might be more rewarding to see this pathetic man end up a "lame duck" rather than impeached. Can you imagine him w/out any power/control. lol lol He would go stark raving mad. lol lol 

But then again I think I'd rather see him in jail or a padded cell. 

3 hours ago, selftaopath said:

Ohhhhhhhhh it might be more rewarding to see this pathetic man end up a "lame duck" rather than impeached. Can you imagine him w/out any power/control. lol lol He would go stark raving mad. lol lol 

But then again I think I'd rather see him in jail or a padded cell. 

In my mind, there is no doubt he is a criminal, and has been for 40 years. Mueller's investigation can lead to places that are far beyond the original scope, and could unearth some of the many felonies that this creton has no doubt committed, in his quest to steal billions from unwitting souls. Seeing him in prison would be satisfying beyond my wildest dreams. He deserves that. He has worked very hard for that. Let us hope.

Lock him up. Lock him up. Lock him up!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You act like this is a normal situation. It isn't. Republicans are supporting a wannabe dictator. Democrats are trying to save our democratic institutions. It's unclear which side will win but the stakes are that high. Democrats retaking congress means controlling our American unhinged demagogue with hope of preserving our democracy. It's more fragile than people thought.

i think we are both at the 'alarmist' level but for somewhat different reasons.  i find the US govt has been generally worthless and full of failure for at least a decade (probably two decades).  you seem to think it is related only to trump.  so you are a 'new alarmist' and i'm an 'old alarmist' !!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, selftaopath said:

You might pursue some facts re: poverty/welfare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_poverty

But so many would rather say "those people are just lazy." Such an ignorant view. 

Please don't take the meaning of my words and turn them around. People vote with their pocketbooks. Period.

To say there are not a lot of folks who make welfare their life's work is naïve. Many consider manual labor jobs beneath them. Who are you to say my views are ignorant? I thought name calling was against the rules.

Point of order: "Ignorant" is not an insult, and especially not "ignorant view".  It simply means your statement ignores some pertinent facts or data that, had you known about them, should have lead you to a different viewpoint.  If you knew about said facts or data and still don't alter your viewpoint, then your position is one born from willful ignorance.

However upon reviewing the original comment, you weren't even the target of this judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, buick said:

i think we are both at the 'alarmist' level but for somewhat different reasons.  i find the US govt has been generally worthless and full of failure for at least a decade (probably two decades).  you seem to think it is related only to trump.  so you are a 'new alarmist' and i'm an 'old alarmist' !!

Four decades a little closer to the mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, attrayant said:

Point of order: "Ignorant" is not an insult, and especially not "ignorant view".  It simply means your statement ignores some pertinent facts or data that, had you known about them, should have lead you to a different viewpoint.  If you knew about said facts or data and still don't alter your viewpoint, then your position is one born from willful ignorance.

Well hell! That applies to about 90% of what one reads here.

I personally think it was Lamb taking pot shots at Pelosi that got him in the race. If more candidates break from Grandma and Grandpa (Pelosi and Shcumer) they stand a very good chance in Nov. I think most people are getting pretty tired of looking at the 2 of them on every news cast saying they oppose everything and not doing anything but pushing for blockades. Time for some new blood all the way around. Isn't McCain dead yet? Also, there was that 88 yr old democrat that just kicked the bucket. Bernie needs replacing and the country could do without Rand Paul always holding his vote for ransom.

Think this may be eating into Daytime Soap Opera ratings.

47 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I personally think it was Lamb taking pot shots at Pelosi that got him in the race. If more candidates break from Grandma and Grandpa (Pelosi and Shcumer) they stand a very good chance in Nov. I think most people are getting pretty tired of looking at the 2 of them on every news cast saying they oppose everything and not doing anything but pushing for blockades. Time for some new blood all the way around. Isn't McCain dead yet? Also, there was that 88 yr old democrat that just kicked the bucket. Bernie needs replacing and the country could do without Rand Paul always holding his vote for ransom.

Think this may be eating into Daytime Soap Opera ratings.

The Democrats who oppose Pelosi and Schumer are going to win because their Republican opponents support Pelosi and Schumer? Or because these Democrats agree with Republicans about Pelosi and Schumer and therefore the electorate will reward them despite the fact, that in your view, that the electorate mostly supports the right wing agenda championed by Republicans? And t the way Pennsylvanians way showed support for Trump, who campaigned in person for Saccone,  was by voting for Lamb? 

• Confused 1