Working In Thailand - Getting A Job

This is my first post, I'd like to say hello to everyone!

I really don't know how to ask what I'm about to ask so here goes: What is the best way to get a decent job in Thailand (I'm from the USA).

I would like to work in BKK (or another good city) for 1 year (maybe more). What are the different ways to make that happen?

How rare is it to work for a USA or EU company and get transfered to BKK? How many expats are over there doing that? That would be the best choice moneywise.

I guess other ways would be to work over the internet or work for a thai company.

My skills are: IT (computer) and business (construction).

What America companys have projects in Thailand?

TTT

Thanks!

Being new here, you do not realize that many people who arrive believe that everyone who has been here for many years should freeely provide them with information on how to land that lucrative position with a multimnational that includes housing, car and driver and plenty of perks.

1. Most foreigners working for multinationals here came here with the companies which employ them. Walking in off the street is unlikely

2. Many Thai people have MS in computer science and are quite capable of doing any job that a skilled foreigner can do in English and can also read and write Thai.

3. There is a lot of construction going on in Thailand right now due to the low interest rates and many other factors. I bet that you would do better to move on down to Pattaya where it is a good deal less expensive to live, and contact many of the foreign contractors who are developing moo-bans and condos for foreigners.

Generally, people come here to retire, and do not depend upon the local economy for an income.

I wish you the best of luck