Your waist matters if you want to fly THAI Dreamliner

webfact

On 3/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, possum1931 said:

Good, the more the better.

Why not make it compulsory to purchase 2 seats above a certain weight? 

On an airtravel forum it was once mentionef that oversized people are to be given an additional seat (for free) on Canadian airlines. This is supposed to be govt. regulation. True?????

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Letseng said:

On an airtravel forum it was once mentionef that oversized people are to be given an additional seat (for free) on Canadian airlines. This is supposed to be govt. regulation. True?????

Weight is just one guide. A 197cm guy might weigh 20kgs more than a short fat woman but be far thinner.

Are they getting the tape measure out?

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Weight is just one guide. A 197cm guy might weigh 20kgs more than a short fat woman but be far thinner.

Are they getting the tape measure out?

With "oversized" I meant width not height. Sorry.

In fact a very tall person complained about the free 2 seats for a fatty. Why do very tall people not get extra legroom space for free? 

1 minute ago, Letseng said:

With "oversized" I meant width not height. Sorry.

In fact a very tall person complained about the free 2 seats for a fatty. Why do very tall people not get extra legroom space for free? 

True. They used to. Now they charge for exit row aisles.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:55 PM, dick dasterdly said:

I've only read the last couple of posts, but fail to see how moving overweight passengers to economy (where the seats are far smaller) helps in any way?

That's an easy one, for the price of a business class seat they can book 2 economy class seats and the problem is probably solved.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I saved every other person I met or sat next to the possibility of a problem with my children because I didn't have any. I don't see why people that chose to have them should expect me to put up with theirs making a problem for me.

I was brought up in an age where children were expected to behave and keep quiet in public, and that is how I behaved in public. Sadly, it seems as though I'm supposed to put other people's children ahead of my own well being now, regardless as to how badly they behave.

Parents should realise that while they think the sun shines from their offspring not everyone else agrees.

I think you may have been brought up as I was is years gone by when children did as they were told or you belted the living daylights out of them and still even then it didn't work.  Like I say get used to it ...you could just switch off if that don't work ...who knows? 

On 3/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I saved every other person I met or sat next to the possibility of a problem with my children because I didn't have any. I don't see why people that chose to have them should expect me to put up with theirs making a problem for me.

I was brought up in an age where children were expected to behave and keep quiet in public, and that is how I behaved in public. Sadly, it seems as though I'm supposed to put other people's children ahead of my own well being now, regardless as to how badly they behave.

Parents should realise that while they think the sun shines from their offspring not everyone else agrees.

Like I said it aint never gunna change...get used to it.

8 hours ago, Thian said:

That's an easy one, for the price of a business class seat they can book 2 economy class seats and the problem is probably solved.

Problem is that very few fat pax have the sense to do it.  They feel entitled to a piece of your seat. 

Besides overweight fatties who take up all the arm rests (if you ever had one sitting next to you), they should also have specific zones in planes, closed away from the other areas specially for those with babies and children.

I anticipate the reactions, but try  a 12 hour flight with 1, 2 or 3 babies or very young kids around, brawling all the way along.....

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Besides overweight fatties who take up all the arm rests (if you ever had one sitting next to you), they should also have specific zones in planes, closed away from the other areas specially for those with babies and children.

I anticipate the reactions, but try  a 12 hour flight with 1, 2 or 3 babies or very young kids around, brawling all the way along.....

Agree with you. The hold would be a great place or a playground on the wings.??

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, Letseng said:

Weight does not always translate to width. I am heavy, but not wide.

On 3/20/2018 at 6:38 PM, Letseng said:

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Weight does not always translate to width. I am heavy, but not wide.

12 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I said "oversized".  Nobody talks about weight. 

Actually Letseng, you said "Why not make it compulsory to purchase 2 seats above a certain weight"

Your own words.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here we have an airline following the recommended safety rules as recommended 

& you are all going off the deep end.

Should they NOT follow & they have an emergency abort take off & numerous fatties in business class get badly injured you will all be the first to bleat & bag Thai

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think big people should have to pay the people they are sitting next to. im being serious too i mean its ridiculous. if you cant fit on your side of the armrest something needs to give in my opinion, whether its discounts for the people next to him or my favorite way of handling this: make the big people sit next to eachother so they can realiz how miserable they are making everyone else. 

when we fly we are cargo essentially. why is this such a touchy subject? just like when you go to the post office its weight/size/shape that you pay for, so why not on planes.

and god forbid we should have policies like this that would encourage people to slim down; certainly cant have that it seems.

also, if you dint regularly do 14 hour plus flights you dont get to have an opinion on this matter :)

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Like 1

Well, tbh, a 56 inch waist is a pretty low bar to pass. Although, how about a section/restriction for passengers with screaming kids, guys that like to man-spread or hit on female passengers, the alcoholic section of travelers that constantly ping the hostess button for more booze or the people who perpetually want to get up and move around even though they booked a window seat?

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Like 1