Elite visa and work

A topic running below brought this to mind again. It would make a hole in my savings but I've been thinking of killing visa worries forever with an Elite. The thing is short-term contracts occasionally pop up in my line of work. Would I be able to get a WP to take one on?

Not completely useless since you can still get all the perks from the membership especially if you travel frequently.
If would also be a good fall back if the job ended. 
If your job ends will you get the elite visa back for the remaining duration?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

If your job ends will you get the elite visa back for the remaining duration?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I doubt the visa would be cancelled, but you would be entitled to get it back if it was.

There’s no reason why you couldn’t have a valid PE visa and Non-Immigrant visa in your passport at the same time, and as long as the current entry was using the Non-Immigrant visa you can work once you’ve received a work permit.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 5:32 AM, elviajero said:

You can’t get a work permit with the PE visa from Thailand Elite. You can stay a member of the scheme, but you’d need to leave, get a non-immigrant visa, and re-enter with that visa before you could work.

According to Elite Visa website, you can get a work permit while having an elite visa. In fact, they say they'll assist you in getting the work permit. .

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not completely useless since you can still get all the perks from the membership especially if you travel frequently.

If would also be a good fall back if the job ended. 

You can pay 2K baht per time for the perks, anyone can use the elite service.

6 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

If you change to non-b with wp and your wp gets cancelled, can you change back to the Elite visa without too much hassle?

Not a problem. Just leave the country and re-enter using the Thai Elite PE visa.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, humbug said:

elite visa should never ever be associated with a work permit in any forum topic as they are 2 completely different visas. It would be great if people can understand this as it seems some dont want to.

Can you elaborate please? You say Elite visa and work permits are 2 different visas, but a work permit is not a visa. So I am confused. I must be, because I thought the posters above were discussing a relevant issue and was actually keen to see who was correct once they'd read the bumf associated with it... as I couldn't be bothered. 

Anyway, you seem to be making a point that might put the matter to rest. What is your point please?

4 minutes ago, KelSolaar said:
10 hours ago, humbug said:

elite visa should never ever be associated with a work permit in any forum topic as they are 2 completely different visas. It would be great if people can understand this as it seems some dont want to.

Can you elaborate please? You say Elite visa and work permits are 2 different visas, but a work permit is not a visa. So I am confused. I must be, because I thought the posters above were discussing a relevant issue and was actually keen to see who was correct once they'd read the bumf associated with it... as I couldn't be bothered. 

The post you are questioning is wrong. A Work Permit is not a visa.

The Elite PE Visa is effectively a 'Tourist Visa' and as such cannot be used if the holder wants to work. You need a Non-Immigrant Visa/entry before you can receive a work permit and work.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

The post you are questioning is wrong. A Work Permit is not a visa.

The Elite PE Visa is effectively a 'Tourist Visa' and as such cannot be used if the holder wants to work. You need a Non-Immigrant Visa/entry before you can receive a work permit and work.

well yeah. So let's see what humbug says.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a problem. Just leave the country and re-enter using the Thai Elite PE visa.

It's not a bad deal, really. Be nice if you could (cough) suspend your membership while you're using the non-immigrant visa and resume it later when you're not but that's not really reasonable.