Watch out for fake 1,000 baht banknotes in Chonburi

rooster59

Watch out for fake 1,000 baht banknotes in Chonburi

561000002766301.JPEG

Image: Manager

A Bang Saen, Chonburi hotel representative has warned that fake 1,000 baht banknotes are in circulation.

The fakes are very good and can only be detected by looking at them with the aid of a back-light, said Montri Ratanatikun of Khwan Village.

Looking at them with the naked eye or just feeling would not be able to tell.

He said that the two notes were part of 30,000 paid to his hotel by a group of Thais who stayed for a seminar. There were foreigners staying too but they all paid by credit cards. 

The matter has been referred to police after a bank detected the fakes.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-17

30 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Looking at them with the naked eye or just feeling would not be able to tell.

imagine if these things flooded larger markets, the Finance Ministry, or whomever prints the real 1000s would be scrambling

A taxi driver tried to pass me a fake ฿500 note once. The face of the bill was completely washed off. Fortunately I have a habit of checking my change right away. I insisted he return the ฿1000 note I gave him went to the 7/11 got change and cut his fare in half. When he complained I invited him to call the police. He left. 

• Like 1

Ive actually enjoyed the countries I’ve been in that have a lot of counterfeits. Sure, the first time you get stung hurts. But, you learn real quick after that. After you learn what to look for, the bad fakes are easy to spot, and the good ones you can use anyway so there’s no sweat there. 

9 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

A taxi driver tried to pass me a fake ฿500 note once. The face of the bill was completely washed off. Fortunately I have a habit of checking my change right away. I insisted he return the ฿1000 note I gave him went to the 7/11 got change and cut his fare in half. When he complained I invited him to call the police. He left. 

A great way to be cut in pieces with a sword :-)

19 hours ago, mark01 said:

In this case I would have to agree that it must be foreigners.

Thais couldn't make them so good.

Given that passport forgery is big business in Thailand, I wouldn't think that bank notes would be too much of a challenge.