Ho Chi Minh Multiple Entry Marriage Visa

20 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

??? Do you mean the same as is required for a 12 month extension?  I hope they're not expecting it to be dated the same say then?

A fairly recent letter (say, seven days old) or even just a recently updated bank passbook for the account should be fine. It should be noted that the HCMC consulate is not as friendly as previously, and you should check and scrupulously adhere to their posted requirements (https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members) in addition to the financial proof.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, leeedwards said:

Why do they now require 400,000 baht financial proof. Are you sure ths us true for the multiple entry, as there's absolutely no point doing it if it's correct. 

There have been several recent accounts that this is now the case.

The only place that still requires no financial proofs is the consulate at Suvannakhet.

The RTC in HCMC also works an online appointment system. The last time I looked (last February), the first available dates were 3-4 weeks ahead of what I wanted. They also confirmed the required provenance of funds.

So, like any church mouse, I went to Savanakhet instead. Arrived Monday afternoon, applied on Tuesday, collected and back home on Wednesday. About a 4-hour drive each way.

No drama.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies all. 

Just one more question,  does anyone remember the name of the hotel that does the shuttle bus from Sakhon Nakhon to the Savannakhet border? I did it once, was much better than an overnight bus ride, just cant remember the name of the hotel. I'll have a look, but if someone can remember that'd be great.

Edited by leeedwards

4 hours ago, leeedwards said:

Just one more question,  does anyone remember the name of the hotel that does the shuttle bus from Sakhon Nakhon to the Savannakhet border?

If you are flying into Sakon Nakhon airport (and some other airports) there are fly-ride options available where the airline provides a van to take people to Mukdahan. These will often drop you are the border on request. Google "fly-ride services to Mukdahan" to find out the details.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, BritTim said:

A fairly recent letter (say, seven days old) or even just a recently updated bank passbook for the account should be fine. It should be noted that the HCMC consulate is not as friendly as previously, and you should check and scrupulously adhere to their posted requirements (https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members) in addition to the financial proof.

Hi, just a bank update? It has to show the money for 60 days?

4 hours ago, Superkatsu said:

Hi, just a bank update? It has to show the money for 60 days?

Per my post on the Savanakhet MENO thread, better to make enquiries direct with whatever embassy or consulate you plan on using to ensure it is not a wasted trip.

This forum is good for a rough guide but one cannot depend on anyone's personal experience as being God's truth.