Mevalotin 40mg

CM4Me

Where are you buying it? I was told by Fascino that it's no longer being sold at all in Thailand. Some kind of "repackaging" thing and was told it will be several months before it's sold again here (if ever). 

Of course, their information may have been incorrect. I am trying to find out the truth. 

That price sounds already low for that med. 

19 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Screenshot_20180317-205355.png

Mevslotin appears to be the only brand available in Thailand.

Yes, it has been. But recently I was told by a credible source at Fascino that it is no longer available. Pretty outrageous but that's what I was told. 

To be clear and they were clear -- not just out of stock. No stock coming, and no news of new stock EVER coming. 

This drug is still under patent and therr are no other brands. Unless you have previously tried other statins and been unable to tolerate them I suggest asking your doctor if you can switch to simvastatin which is widely available in many local neands and much less expensive.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, Jingthing said:

Where are you buying it? I was told by Fascino that it's no longer being sold at all in Thailand. Some kind of "repackaging" thing and was told it will be several months before it's sold again here (if ever). 

Of course, their information may have been incorrect. I am trying to find out the truth. 

That price sounds already low for that med. 

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I was prescribed Mevalotin 40mg some 3 odd years ago by a Dr at BKK Hosp CNX. The cost then was B1940 per box, plus the Dr/Hosp fees. After a number of months I started buying from the pharmacy 'Pharma Choice'  here in CNX at a cost of B1350. I have just been advised it is now B1290/box

48 minutes ago, CM4Me said:

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I was prescribed Mevalotin 40mg some 3 odd years ago by a Dr at BKK Hosp CNX. The cost then was B1940 per box, plus the Dr/Hosp fees. After a number of months I started buying from the pharmacy 'Pharma Choice'  here in CNX at a cost of B1350. I have just been advised it is now B1290/box

The plot thickens. I can't locate it at all in Pattaya. Like I said I was told the company that supplies it (a Thai agent of a German pharma company) just doesn't have it anymore at all at any price. The next time you stop in there could you ask them if there is any issue with ordering future supply? 

Mevalotin (Pravastin Na) appears to be no longer available in Thailand:

Mevalotin.png

Currently available is Mevalotin Protect (Prevastin Na), Manufactured by Daiichi Sankyo and distributed by Zuellig:

Mevalotin Protect.png

It is possible that the importation and distribution of the products of Daiichi Sankyo changed recently from another company to Zuellig and this may have led to some confusion about the availability of the products. If you show the above screenshot for Mevalotin Protect to your local pharmacy they should be able to order it from a wholesaler or directly for Zuellig. Otherwise, contact Zuellig Pharma Ltd to ask for the nearest pharmacy stocking this product. Contact details are below:

Zuellig.png

Thanks.

I've only ever bought Mevalotin Protect anyway!

But those are interesting leads. Yes it was coming from Sankyo Thailand before. 

As I said in my other thread, the word "repackaging" was used. Maybe they meant something like this, a change of distributor. But they said it would be likely be several months before they would have stock. 

• 2 weeks later...

To confirm, Mevalotin indeed is now distributed by Zuellig. It should now be available at any pharmacies that used to stock it when distributed by Daiichu Sankyo. There was not a delay of several months as I was previously misinformed. The price (high) should be about the same as before.

Case closed. :stoner:

Archived