5 southern governors told to investigate disbursement of fund from centres for the destitutes

rooster59

5 southern governors told to investigate disbursement of fund from centres for the destitutes

destitute2.jpg

Governors of five southern border provinces have been ordered by the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre (SBPAC) to investigate if there are any irregularities in the disbursement of money for destitute people.

The order followed a recent discovery that unscrupulous officials at a centre for the protection of the destitutes in Yala’s Kabang district had used the names of 18 “bundit arsa” volunteer graduates to claim fund, amounting to 2,000 baht per head from the centre to hire them to work.

It turned out that the volunteer graduates were given between 500-1,000 baht each instead of 2,000 baht they were supposed to be given.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/5-southern-governors-told-investigate-disbursement-fund-centres-destitutes/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-18

39 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Governors of five southern border provinces have been ordered by the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre (SBPAC) to investigate if there are any irregularities in the disbursement of money for destitute people.

as usual, people in leadership roles here have to be specially told to do their jobs

• Like 2

Getting the governors to investigate fraud in their provinces....akin to getting the fox to count the chooks!

My guess would be very minor cases only.....but maybe I'm wrong.

Any police force anywhere could and should carry out these investigations....any police force...except the RTP!

• Like 2

So they’re ripping off the “wages” of the volunteers also - I’m not surprised!!

for the lady that originally exposed this -  you’re a lady and a brave person for exposing this - hope the bastards involved get everything they deserve (except the money) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think the wording of the order is wrong.

Investigate any irregularities, surely it should have read, investigate the MANY irregularities.

as of now, everyone should have actually acknowledged that this country is an irregularity in itself