Looking for value for money hotel in Chiang Mai near night market

Monomial

I am looking for a value for money hotel in Chiang Mai within walking distance of the night market. Somewhere in the 1000 - 1500 baht/night range ideally. For a stay April 17-20, after the Songkran holiday has ended. I am attending a conference at Le Méridien and need somewhere nearby to stay.

I can't find anything reasonable on Agoda. Any advice is appreciated.

Try the Diamond Riverside Hotel, I quite liked it 5 or 6 years ago. It's a big, old shabby-looking hotel close to the riverbank, a few minutes from the night market, and it has a nice pool (although a falling big branch from a palm tree missed me by a few feet and would have either killed or seriously injured me). I think it was about 1200 per night after a little bargaining because I was staying for 2 weeks. The rooms were large enough, and since it's quite old you can open the windows even though the rooms have A/C. I guess the cleanliness was OK, although I'm used to cheap accommodations, and I remember seeing a cockroach once (called the maid who gassed the room, good thing I could open the windows for the night!). Here's their address, but of course I don't know if it still exists:

Diamond Riverside Hotel

Charoenprathet Rd. 33/10-11
Chiangmai 50100
Thailand

+66 5381895364

[email protected]

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Here It Is said:

Blimey, not after reading the latest reviews.

I got curious and read a few on TripAdvisor, most of it is exaggerated, except maybe the breakfast. But it is an old, shabby hotel, and it looks the part. The view over the river is fantastic though...