tomatoes

Damn fine looking tomatoes.  I am so surprised that you have fruit of that Quality at one of the hottest time of the year.  I would have thought that you would have had sunburn on those fruit.  How does the taste compare to the same varieties grown in the USofA?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Durio said:

Damn fine looking tomatoes.  I am so surprised that you have fruit of that Quality at one of the hottest time of the year.  I would have thought that you would have had sunburn on those fruit.  How does the taste compare to the same varieties grown in the USofA?

they taste exactly the same.  I have found it's not the heat but the suns intensity that can burn them.  the bigger ones are the ones under shade from the leaves most of the day.  the ones that get directly sunlight 10+ hours are day are about the same size as the Thai tomatoes.    In previous years, I have put the black plastic ventilated on bamboo poles to protect them from the mid day sun.  But this year, because of the long winter and cool nights for several weeks, I did not think it necessary to do so. 

21 hours ago, khunkeith said:

they taste exactly the same.  I have found it's not the heat but the suns intensity that can burn them.  the bigger ones are the ones under shade from the leaves most of the day.  the ones that get directly sunlight 10+ hours are day are about the same size as the Thai tomatoes.    In previous years, I have put the black plastic ventilated on bamboo poles to protect them from the mid day sun.  But this year, because of the long winter and cool nights for several weeks, I did not think it necessary to do so. 

What variety of Tomato did you use?