Bangkok To Hold Its First Transgender Job Fair

webfact

Bangkok To Hold Its First Transgender Job Fair

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

pride_lgbt_flag_rainbow_community_homose

BANGKOK — To mark International Transgender Day of Visibility, the capital’s communities will break through discriminatory barriers by holding a job fair for LGBT job seekers.

The Trans Friendly Job Fair, billed as Bangkok’s first transgender job fair, will take place the last day of the month to help transgender individuals into the country’s workforce.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/03/19/bangkok-to-hold-its-first-transgender-job-fair/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-19

I wouldn't hire someone just because they are transgender, nor would I not hire someone just because they are transgender.  If someone has the right skill sets and the right attitude, then they are of value.

• Like 1

I can understand the objections to this kind of event. Why can't they just apply for any job just like anyone else? That would be the way in an ideal world. That's not Thailand. The harsh reality is that Thai society strongly pressures such people into a very limited range of jobs (legal and illegal). That is very wrong and very damaging. Not sure if a segregated job fair is the way forward from that, but at least people are trying.