Best regional city for Non-Imm B (for work permit)

Not easy to do unless you already have a job offer and the paper work to take with you wherever you apply.

I believe you now need the company to show some sort of notification they will be applying for the WP.

Someone will post details soon.

Edited by overherebc

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not easy to do unless you already have a job offer and the paper work to take with you wherever you apply.

Sorry not following this.  All applications have to be supported by the relevant paperwork.  Wasn't this always the case?  You seem to imply that it is different now without providing any details.  For argument's sake, assume job offer in hand, and all corporate paperwork provided.   Now I re-ask the same question as in the original post. Thank you.

At all nearby locations you need a work permit application approval letter (aka WP3) to apply for a non-b visa.

The consulate in Hong Kong at is the nearest location that will accept application without the approval letter.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At all nearby locations you need a work permit application approval letter (aka WP3) to apply for a non-b visa.

The consulate in Hong Kong at is the nearest location that will accept application without the approval letter.

Thanks Ubonjoe.  I think that may clarify things, and maybe what the other guy referred to.

If I understand cheap regional ;locations like Penang, KL etc on AirAsia require a WP approval letter (WP3) to issue a non-imm B. 

Any idea how long a WP3 takes (is there a fast-track) and if WP-3 issued, what would then be the best the best/preferred close location.  Also is a WP3 approval letter the same as a WP issuance, or are there different steps?

Otherwise what your Hong Kong idea sounds interesting.  Wouldn't they also require various corporate documents as per past practice?

Sorry for the additional questions, but looking for the smoothest path forward.

Edited by leddie

1 hour ago, leddie said:

Sorry not following this.  All applications have to be supported by the relevant paperwork.  Wasn't this always the case?  You seem to imply that it is different now without providing any details.  For argument's sake, assume job offer in hand, and all corporate paperwork provided.   Now I re-ask the same question as in the original post. Thank you.

Up until recenty an Oz friend had several multi B's because the company had/has offices here..

He never had a WP

Issued in Oz.

Edited by overherebc

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Got interupted in the middle of that last post.

That's the reason I posted first time about paperwork.

I don't think there is anywhere left now that will issue a B without all the paperwork and perhaps some of their own conditions added.

Again not following.  I though submitting all the required paperwork was a given?

59 minutes ago, leddie said:

Again not following.  I though submitting all the required paperwork was a given?

If you have all the correct paperwork then what is the problem.

WP3 and all other company documention will/should get you a single entry B.

I would contact whatever embassy you want to go to and ask what they require, in case they ask for one thing over the generally stated required list.

3 hours ago, leddie said:

If I understand cheap regional ;locations like Penang, KL etc on AirAsia require a WP approval letter (WP3) to issue a non-imm B. 

Any idea how long a WP3 takes (is there a fast-track) and if WP-3 issued, what would then be the best the best/preferred close location.  Also is a WP3 approval letter the same as a WP issuance, or are there different steps?

The work permit approval letter and a WPs receipt are different things that why I wrote AKA in my post.  A work permit approval letter is for a WP1 application. It should not take more than a week to get the work permit approval to be done after a WP1 application is done.

A WP3 application can only be done if you are outside the country.

I have done non-imm B for WP in Hong Kong and Manila, although it has been years ago for both. In both cases, my office carefully reviewed everything to be certain that the paperwork was complete and even in the correct order.

Hong Kong was a breeze – very professional staff and got my visa stamped while I waited. It was in and out in about 30 minutes.

Manila's local staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful, called me up twice with questions and then told me to sit back down and wait, and I didn't get my passport back until the next day.

But then again, that is sort of how everything works when you compare Hong Kong to Manila.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The work permit approval letter and a WPs receipt are different things that why I wrote AKA in my post.  A work permit approval letter is for a WP1 application. It should not take more than a week to get the work permit approval to be done after a WP1 application is done.

A WP3 application can only be done if you are outside the country.

it's also possible when inside the country, depends on the labor department... and the relation to the staff working there

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

UJ, does that include Penang as it was always the preferred place for retirement.  Is that not the case for non-Imm B?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it includes Penang.l

Ok got it.  It sounds like HK may be the easiest regional location, unless someone else chimes in with a closer, cheaper option with the same paperwork.  Any idea of the turn around time in HK, as I cannot find on the website?  Is it submit Day 1 morning, receive Day 2 afternoon (times?); or Submit Day 1 morning, receive Day 3 afternoon.  Thanks again to all!

18 minutes ago, leddie said:

Ok got it.  It sounds like HK may be the easiest regional location, unless someone else chimes in with a closer, cheaper option with the same paperwork.  Any idea of the turn around time in HK, as I cannot find on the website?  Is it submit Day 1 morning, receive Day 2 afternoon (times?); or Submit Day 1 morning, receive Day 3 afternoon.  Thanks again to all!

From the page you are taken to after selecting your country on this page. http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/web/3015.php?s=4296

"Collection :  Next working days.  between : 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m."