Laotian Drug Lord Sentenced To Life In Prison

webfact

Laotian Drug Lord Sentenced To Life In Prison

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

DSC_0219-696x499.jpg  

Xaysana Keopimpha on Tuesday at the Criminal Court

BANGKOK — A Laotian national dubbed the “biggest drug lord” in Thailand’s Isan region was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday.

The Criminal Court sentenced Xaysana Keopimpha to life imprisonment Tuesday morning for drug dealing charges, including drug distribution, drug trafficking and drug possession.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/courts/2018/03/20/laotian-drug-lord-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-20

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Oh, Christ, another rich one going to jail, that's going to stick in the craw of a few one-law-for-the-rich-another-for-the-poor Thai justice bashers.

These guys are from the criminal class not upper class hiso.

They have different connections and are possibly or probably competition to others with the right connections.

Down they go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Oh, Christ, another rich one going to jail, that's going to stick in the craw of a few one-law-for-the-rich-another-for-the-poor Thai justice bashers.

Ah, this post is what 'false equivalency' means. 

Would you like to categorically state now that 'one law for the rich and one for the poor' is a fallacy here in Thailand?

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 2

Lao drug kingpin sentenced to life

By The Nation

95528db96dea57c248806cf27f0dc3d7.jpeg

Xaysana Keopimpa

The Criminal Court on Tuesday sentenced to death a Lao drug dealer after finding him guilty of smuggling narcotics, including heroin and methamphetamine (known as yaba), into the country.

The court then reduced the punishment to life in prison for Xaysana Keopimpa, 42, who was arrested under dramatic circumstances at Suvarnabhumi Airport in January last year, on the grounds that he gave useful information to investigators.

He is believed to be the mastermind behind a network that smuggled drugs from Laos for sale in the southern provinces of Thailand and in other Asean countries, including Malaysia and Singapore.

Xaysana was known to enjoy flaunting his wealth by posting photos showing off his luxury sports cars as well as holding extravagant parties to entertain celebrities in Thailand and Laos.

After he was arrested, those who were seen in his Facebook photos, including some Thai stars, were invited to talk to police to give information on their relationship with the convicted.

The court on Tuesday said that the defendant and others who were in Laos had procured both the drugs and vehicles with secret compartments to hide them.

Xaysana was found guilty of involvement in many cases of drug trafficking, including incidents at immigration checkpoints in Nongkhai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chumphon and Songkhla provinces. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341343

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-21

Good, good. More than likely, not even his mother is not going to miss him. We sure won't. Anytime a heroin pusher is put away, that is a beautiful thing, and a proud moment for the planet. I would have preferred a quickly executed death penalty. He deserved that. I have no issues with minot drugs like ganga. But heroin is a scourge. So is yaba. Hope he makes alot of friends in prison. He will probably be treated very well, due to his massive wealth.

12 hours ago, djayz said:

There's a clown born every day of the week. 

He's not "hiso" and no matter how wealthy he is/was/ever will be, he'll never fit in with the elite. 

So yes, he got his justice, a lot more than the upper class ever got or will get. 

Didn't say he was hi-so, I said he was rich, you know, as in the Thaivisa chant "one law for the rich and another for the poor".  I've never heard anyone on Thaivisa  quote "one law for the hi-sos another for the poor", if you have please point it out.

By the way, were you referring to me as a clown?  Personal attacks are never a good idea.

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, this post is what 'false equivalency' means. 

Would you like to categorically state now that 'one law for the rich and one for the poor' is a fallacy here in Thailand?

No, I wouldn't but I would say categorically that rich people do get imprisoned and that a huge percentage of Thaivisa posters are obsessed with the false impression that rich people never go to jail in Thailand. Those posters really do not like it when another rich one gets locked up because it is one less opportunity to Thai bash.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

No, I wouldn't but I would say categorically that rich people do get imprisoned and that a huge percentage of Thaivisa posters are obsessed with the false impression that rich people never go to jail in Thailand. Those posters really do not like it when another rich one gets locked up because it is one less opportunity to Thai bash.

Sure, rich people go to jail here. Just depends what side they're on or who they've upset. It has nothing to do with morals or integrity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1