600-700cc naked bikes produced in Thailand?

jackdd

I'm currently thinking about getting a bike like a Honda CB650F, Yamaha MT-07 or Kawasaki Z650. Used price for these bikes is about 200k, this is the price range i'm looking for.

Is there any other manufacturer which produces this kind of bike in Thailand and thus can be bought for an affordable price?

If it goes a bit more in the Bobber style that's also ok, but should not be too much bobber.

Thanks for your input.

The Ducati Monster would probably cost something like 250k, and i got a bit bored of the style, it's very special, but i saw it in BKK so many times.

The Vulcan is nice as well, but a bit too much chopper for my taste.

Currently i also tend to get a MT-07, they are offered used for slightly above 200k, so with some negotiating 200k or a bit below should be possible.

But one thing that confused me: Does the MT-07 always have ABS in Thailand? The Yamaha website doesn't mention ABS, but some news articles mention it. And on some pictures of bikes that are for sale i can see an ABS sticker on the front fender.

36 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Thanks for your input.

The Ducati Monster would probably cost something like 250k, and i got a bit bored of the style, it's very special, but i saw it in BKK so many times.

The Vulcan is nice as well, but a bit too much chopper for my taste.

Currently i also tend to get a MT-07, they are offered used for slightly above 200k, so with some negotiating 200k or a bit below should be possible.

But one thing that confused me: Does the MT-07 always have ABS in Thailand? The Yamaha website doesn't mention ABS, but some news articles mention it. And on some pictures of bikes that are for sale i can see an ABS sticker on the front fender.

If you not to tall can find monster795 even less 200. And its nice bike much more fun than mt-07 . and I am not sure you can find less 200 mt-07...

ER6n  and monster best choice naked at this is category in Thai second hand market. I mean how much you get for price pay.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm "normal" Farang size, so the height of all these bikes should be ok for me

I do not know what mean "normal"

But 795 its for Asian markets. So its little be  lower in height than 796.

Just in case.

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

I do not know what mean "normal"

But 795 its for Asian markets. So its little be  lower in height than 796.

Just in case.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed that the 796 seems to cost more than the 795. Is there any difference other than the height?

On all pictures i see the 796 with a pillion cover, can you just take it off and under the cover is the seat or how does this work?

Edit: I found this, which explains the differences: http://www.bikesrepublic.com/features/geared-up/ducati-monster-795-vs-796-whats-big-difference/

Edited by jackdd

You want cheap?

The Kawasaki ER6 has been on the market a long time now. Regularly see adverts on B&S for 100-130k. Ready to ride, low kms, bling & farkles already fitted.

Your above post, the 796 is a way nicer bike than the 795. Cost more new, and still fetches a 50k minimum premium S/H over the 795.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

You want cheap?

The Kawasaki ER6 has been on the market a long time now. Regularly see adverts on B&S for 100-130k. Ready to ride, low kms, bling & farkles already fitted.

Your above post, the 796 is a way nicer bike than the 795. Cost more new, and still fetches a 50k minimum premium S/H over the 795.

Yes indeed, the ER6 is cheap, but somehow this bike is just not attract me, i can't even really tell why, that's just how it is.

The Ducati is probably a nice bike, but when looking at the 796 then the price is probably something like 260k, and then i would think: for 300k i get a MT-09

So somewhere i have to do the cut and i think 200k is ok, so the 796 is out at the moment

5 minutes ago, johng said:

I liked the look of the CB650F   until saw the price !!!!

To me the price seems reasonable if i compare it with similar motorbikes, like the other bikes listed in this thread. Do you think another bike offers more bang for the buck?

8 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Ninja from 110,000

ER6N from 100,000

Versys from 185,000

VStrom from 225,000

CBR650F from 89,000

Search took minutes on Baht Sold

To what are you replying? Just the ER6N is a naked bike, the others are sport or adventure bikes. And the ER6N was mentioned already

• Like 1

On 21.03.2018 at 12:49 PM, jackdd said:

Yes indeed, the ER6 is cheap, but somehow this bike is just not attract me, i can't even really tell why, that's just how it is.

The Ducati is probably a nice bike, but when looking at the 796 then the price is probably something like 260k, and then i would think: for 300k i get a MT-09

So somewhere i have to do the cut and i think 200k is ok, so the 796 is out at the moment

Look 795 and its be near 200 ;)