BREAKING: Police to ban water splashing on all main and secondary roads during Songkran

snoop1130

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha, bang!

That's me laughing my head off.

I'd love to see anything enforced here for more than five minutes, especially when so many people will be drunk and ignore it.

A 24 hour crackdown? :cheesy:

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Making this against the law does not mean much here. The real question is, can they get the toy police to behave like law enforcement officials, for just a few days? If so, that would be the annual exception. It is a good idea. Throwing water at passing motorbikes is the height of lunacy.

There are a lot of TV posters who think we should accept people riding motorbikes on the sidewalk, I wonder how many TV posters think people should accept the throwing of buckets of water on motorcycles?

How about starting a poll?

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I was walking down the street last Songran and two felangs were around a corner and as I walked by  , they deliberately fired a high powered water pistol into my ear , deliberately aiming for my ear hole .

They were standing there giggling .

I came very close to beating them up .

90 % there

I cannot understand why you never, especially with it being farangs, it was

only two, batter the first one and the other will run away.

37 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There are a lot of TV posters who think we should accept people riding motorbikes on the sidewalk, I wonder how many TV posters think people should accept the throwing of buckets of water on motorcycles?

How about starting a poll?

Only acceptable for pillion passengers, all 2 or 3 of them, the driver needs to keep 2 hands on the steering.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I live in Bangkok.

Enough of a city for you?

How do you manage to see potential water throwers from many miles away then ?

As there are usually groups of people congregating on the streets , how do you know which one is suddenly going to lurch out and thrown something at you, from many miles away ?

• Sad 1

Wonder why they chose whitey to be the cover boy for this article?  Seems the xenophobic powers could have easily found a shirtless, tattooed  freak from lower Essex or a local Issan soi dweller, pissed out of his mind from last year....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

How do you manage to see potential water throwers from many miles away then ?

As there are usually groups of people congregating on the streets , how do you know which one is suddenly going to lurch out and thrown something at you, from many miles away ?

A) the streets in Bangkok are much quieter during the days of Songkhran (at least where I am- between Wongwien Yai, Asiatique and Silom)

B ) "groups of people congregating on streets" = potential water- throwing, don't you agree?

C) all streets are not lined endlessly with people...not even during Songkhran!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DM07 said:

A) the streets in Bangkok are much quieter during the days of Songkhran (at least where I am- between Wongwien Yai, Asiatique and Silom)

OK fair enough , seeing as the area in BKK that you live in doesnt have many people on the streets during Songran , people all over Thailand should be allowed to throw water at passing motorbikes , you road is safe, thats the main thing 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK fair enough , seeing as the area in BKK that you live in doesnt have many people on the streets during Songran , people all over Thailand should be allowed to throw water at passing motorbikes , you road is safe, thats the main thing 

Ahm...so tell me: you don't agree, that -with many people going "home" upcountry over Songkhran, Bangkok is not a lot quieter?

And on what planet are the areas around Silom, Charoen Khrung, Saphan Taksin (because that is "my road") safe and quiet?

I get it: Songkhran has to be celebrated quiet with respect for Buddha and your elders...and everybody should wear "period pieces", where ever they venture, right?!

• Haha 1

Just now, DM07 said:

I get it: Songkhran has to be celebrated quiet with respect for Buddha and your elders...and everybody should wear "period pieces", where ever they venture, right?!

Stop exaggerating . People can still celebrate songram as they wish, they should just refrain from putting other people  at risk of serious injury or dying .

Play water fights with all your mates over the park until your heart is content , just dont involve people who dont want to play water fights and keep away from motorists .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Ahm...so tell me: you don't agree, that -with many people going "home" upcountry over Songkhran, Bangkok is not a lot quieter?

No, I m talking about all the places where these people from Bangkok go to during Songran 

Regardless of the merit (lots of merit here... songkran water throwing is way out of control... and these years, with ice in the water, its verging on malicious), why on earth would the authorities want to make a statement that’s going to ultimately make them look stupid, once they fail to enforce these bans?