documents required for extension non imm o

Yesterday I started preparing for a journey to Chaeng Wattana in order to get a new extension for 1 year.

The official immigration webpages are working somehow better than before, but none of my browsers was capable to open the link to the required documents on the official immigration website.  Thus I had to go through several postings in internet and finally found what I need. Unfortunately the information was found in fragments. I could not find a real guidance.

This is actually the reason for writing this report. People who need to do this procedure for the first time may be happy with some help.

• TM7 (is the form for yearly application for extension of stay – commonly referred to as a Retirement Visa)
    I downloaded it at  

http://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

of course this form is also available at the helpdesk in Chaeng Wattana. 

I used my photo editor (I use GIMP, but LibreOffice Draw or Adobe programs can do)  to fill the form on the computer
I concluded that especially this was appreciated since it is easy to read and prevents misspelling. 
We need to realize that we can communicate in English, that the Immigration people have to deal with different language skills and I am not sure whether I could communicate in English withe the immigration office in my former hometown! :sorry: 

• Passphoto
  • 1 copy of passport-page showing your photo
  • 1 copy of page showing your current NON IMM stamp
  • 1 copy of passport page showing your most recent entry
  • 1 copy of passport page showing your current residence

I combined the 4 pictures as above on one sheet, Sign this copy!

• 1 copy of the arrival card
  • 1 copy of the current 90 days report  Sign this copy!

I combined the 2 copies as above on one sheet, Sign this copy!

I further added a copy of the latest notification of address change and .. .....signed this copy :smile:

Money things:

• 1 copy of the -by your embassy confirmed-  amount of  pension (the embassy charged me ~1,600 THB for that service) and/or
  • in case that annual income is less than 800,000.00 THB,  the missing amount must be compensated. Thai Bank account must show a balance of at least the difference between pension and 800,000.00 during the last 12 months, passbook (to be updated on the day of application). Make copies of the passbook and sign these (!). 
    Every other type of income (rent, whatever) can be used but needs approval resp. legalized copies.  
  • 1,900 THB in cash

Over all:

Chaeng Wattana is mostly a time consuming experience, but today I was lucky:

8:15 am I took the BTS to Victory Monument, from there (westside) I took the bus 166 (fare 18 THB, be careful, there are two buses 166, it is the one that stops at the outer platform), which dropped me at the entrance of the government complex at 9:30. I got number 47, the current queue-nr was 32. I had to wait about 45 minutes.

The process has been reorganized a little compared to last year. The formalities were done in a few minutes. The stamping is being processed by other people. After submitting my paperwork it took another 30 minutes until I got my passport back.

Thai administration is often critcized as archaic and yes, sure perhaps it is not state of the art since paper based, but it works! People are helpful and friendly. And looking back to all other administration venues I have been to in Europe and elsewhere, none was as pleasant as Chaeng Wattana. Elsewhere you could be glad to find a vending machine for a lousy cup of instant coffee. 

So if you prepare all well you can enjoy this as a day out.:smile::smile::smile: