OA visa questions

My OA visa was issued May 23 2017. My first entry into BKK with that visa has an ADMITTED UNTIL stamp date of May 26 2018.

I have travelled out of Thailand by air several times since May last year and each time I return the ADMITTED UNTIL date is stamped differently.. The latest states. Leave by 11 January 2019!

Help me out.. I must renew/extend in May this year.. Or I can wait until January next year?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 minutes ago, Swimman said:

If you leave and re-enter before May 26 2018, you will receive permission to stay until June 2019 -- Any travel undertaken after May 26 will require a re-entry permit to keep the permission to stay valid.

You are a little off on the dates. If his visa was issued on May 23rd of 2017 the would have to enter the country on or before May 22nd  (enter before date) of this year. Not sure how you came up with a date in June.

17 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Help me out.. I must renew/extend in May this year.. Or I can wait until January next year?

You would do the extension in January of next year unless you leave and re-enter on or before the enter before date on you visa (May 22nd?) to get a new one year entry.

@1happykamper just to clarify your confusion from your OP, the reason that the admitted until date kept changing every time you entered is that you get 12 Months permission to stay every time you enter Thailand up to the last day of the visa's enter before date, hence why the admitted until date kept changing.

So as per UbonJoe's advice, you could depart and reenter Thailand on or before 22nd May 2018, which would allow you to stay for 12 more months.

Please do note that if you plan on departing Thailand after the 23rd May 2018, then you must get a re-entry permit before departing to keep any current permission to stay alive.

Edited by Mattd
  • Like 1

[mention=229568]1happykamper[/mention] just to clarify your confusion from your OP, the reason that the admitted until date kept changing every time you entered is that you get 12 Months permission to stay every time you enter Thailand up to the last day of the visa's enter before date, hence why the admitted until date kept changing.
So as per UbonJoe's advice, you could depart and reenter Thailand on or before 22nd May 2018, which would allow you to stay for 12 more months.
Please do note that if you plan on departing Thailand after the 23rd May 2018, then you must get a re-entry permit before departing to keep any current permission to stay alive.
OK. Now I understand. I think. :). I am actually out of Thailand now.. and plan on returning before May 23. So happy to know that no paperwork will be required at immigration until May 2019! Correct?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

So happy to know that no paperwork will be required at immigration until May 2019! Correct?

As already said correct, but IMHO sooner rather than later that particular month would definitely be better. You should be able to submit your maiden extension of stay application at your local immigration office up to 30 days before your May 2019 permission to stay expires, and it would not be advisable to leave doing this until the last minute in case Immigration ask to see any docs which you may not have brought with you.

• Like 1