Anything Is Possible

I thought I'd post this in the hope that people will see that all things are possible, regardless off what others tell you.

I've lived and worked in Bangkok since leaving HK in 96, and am indeed a british citizen. During this time I have supported myself by teaching English to anyone who wanted to learn from a farang without a TEFL ,work permit, or any other form of documentation.

Now to the point of all this babble;

My wife(thai) of almost 2 years has just been granted a settlement visa to the UK, with me as her sponsor!

I havent worked in the UK for 12 years, have no job to go back to, but they believed I would be able to support her, and so issued the visa.

Obviously, a healthy bank balance was shown, but dont be put off by all the horror stories you hear. I was a nervous wreck for 2 months waiting for the interiew to finally come round, only to be called into the interview room to be told the applicatiopn was satisfactory, but could I please explain my plans for future employment.

So, there it is,

akll things are possible and this time next week we'll be in the uk together!

Enjoy life with taksin!

:o

Hi bawmen,

Congratulations, what a great time to come back to the UK, the sun is shining for a change!!! :o

I had a similar situation, I had not resided full time in the UK for more than 6yrs, had only 1,700 pounds in the bank & had been with my husband for over 2 years but only married for 5 months at the time of application. I showed my last years P45, to prove how much I earned in the Uk for the 3 months a year I worked & got a letter of invite from my mum, saying that she woiuld give us a place to stay & hey presto, 2 weeks after application, settlement visa granted. I think a lot of it is to do with showing that your relationship is genuine & that you have at least a place to stay & some earning caplability & you & your wife obviously gave a good impression & proved yourselfs to be genuine & happy together. best of luck for everthing & don't forget to source your nearest thai supermarket, it was my hubbies first requirement when we arrived, live with out rice, no way! :D