Man holds hostages in French supermarket, claims allegiance to Islamic State - BFM TV

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Of course offering your life for another is an outstanding act of bravery. I am curious because to my knowledge there hasn't been a precedent, nor SOP when handling Islamist terror incidents in Western countries

Then you are incorrect. What about Westminster?

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Then you are incorrect. What about Westminster?

Wasn't the officer stabbed when trying to stop the attacker. To my recollection not a hostage swap

Edited by simple1

This is useful, informative reading

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_France

Muslims make NO attempt to integrate. They even insist on dressing differently so that they stand out!

Oil and water. Slightly soluble in a large volume of the other but only slightly. Above a certain percentage concentration they separate. Great analogy!

• Like 2

Just now, simple1 said:

Wasn't the officer stabbed when trying to stop the attacker. To my recollection not a hostage swap

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Oh well that doesn't count then! Jesus! ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"I am curious whether the murdered senior police office had permission to swap himself for the female hostage; does anyone know if the media / French police have covered this aspect?"

Why are you curious?  Is it an important point?

Edit - 'brave/hero' are terms too often used inappropriately - but this police officer was both brave and heroic.

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Of course offering your life for another is an outstanding act of bravery. I am curious because to my knowledge there hasn't been a precedent, nor SOP when handling Islamist terror incidents in Western countries

If it helps, I'm pretty sure SOP doesn't recommend or require any police officer to 'trade' themselves for a hostage.

Do you think this should be part of SOP??

I'm lost as to why you brought this up an 'interesting point'....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Q1 - No

Q2 - Try asking yourself why hostage swap is not standard practice

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Oh well that doesn't count then! Jesus! ?

Stop being silly - you gave an example which has no relevance to hostage swap.

End of conversation - leading nowhere

I would suggest the office knew what he was up against, as these low life scum of the earth and their pretentious dated religion do not negotiate, that or he has now found out unfortunately.

They roam the streets all around the world as governments take them in, for what, too think they can convert them, to get them to work and pay taxes like everyone else, to add to society where they have no respect for our laws, they rape woman and walk free, and also go on welfare and live a better life than those paying taxes in my opinion.

If they love their Alla and want to be with him, just pull the trigger, take no enemies, that's what we do when we have had enough.

May your 40 virgins turn out to be very hungry, horny Rottweilers !!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

If it helps, I'm pretty sure SOP doesn't recommend or require any police officer to 'trade' themselves for a hostage.

31 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Q1 - No

Q2 - Try asking yourself why hostage swap is not standard practice

Which is precisely why this man is a genuine hero - and also why I don't understand you bringing up SOP in regard to his actions...

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would suggest the office knew what he was up against,

Correct, he had served in the M.E. where he received a medal for his part in a hostage rescue mission. Significant experience with counter terrorism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Beltrame

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Stop being silly - you gave an example which has no relevance to hostage swap.

End of conversation - leading nowhere

I gave an example of selfless sacrifice.

Your conversation is getting you nowhere 

My opinion stands that Muslim population should be managed below a critical maximum to enable integration. This idea holds water and is demonstrably successful 

Actually, self sacrifice is a peculiarly Christian motivation -giving one's life for others. 

My knowledge of the Koran is slight, does willingly giving one's life to save others feature? Or only if there is a "heavenly" reward?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would suggest the office knew what he was up against, as these low life scum of the earth and their pretentious dated religion do not negotiate, that or he has now found out unfortunately.

They roam the streets all around the world as governments take them in, for what, too think they can convert them, to get them to work and pay taxes like everyone else, to add to society where they have no respect for our laws, they rape woman and walk free, and also go on welfare and live a better life than those paying taxes in my opinion.

If they love their Alla and want to be with him, just pull the trigger, take no enemies, that's what we do when we have had enough.

May your 40 virgins turn out to be very hungry, horny Rottweilers !!!

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Correct, he had served in the M.E. where he received a medal for his part in a hostage rescue mission. Significant experience with counter terrorism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Beltrame

I've never seen previously a post more obviously 'cut' to suit their point than this :shock1:!

I've no idea why 4myego 'liked' you, rather than reporting you for 'cutting' his post so badly ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've never seen previously a post more obviously 'cut' to suit their point than this :shock1:!

I've no idea why 4myego 'liked' you, rather than reporting you for 'cutting' his post so badly ...

Hey Dick

My post cut yes, but his reply with the Wiki link was great, i.e. providing me with a background on the hero cope, so I don't know what your beef with Simple1 is ?

Its all good from where I'm sitting :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1