Four injured in bus crash on Kata hill, officials douse engine to prevent fire

rooster59

Four injured in bus crash on Kata hill, officials douse engine to prevent fire 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1521862072_1-org.jpg

A small bus carrying 15 Chinese tourists spun out of control and ran off the road on Kata hill last night (Mar 23) at about 8:50pm, injuring four of the tourists, Karon Police confirmed early this morning (Mar 24).

The accident occurred at the last downhill slope on Kata hill, on Patak Moo 2 Rd, Karon sub-district, near the Karon Power sub-station.

Capt Channarong Prakongkue of Karon Police received the report and coordinated with the Karon Municipality rescue workers who helped bring the injured tourists to Vachira Hospital via Emergency Medical Service (EMS).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/four-injured-in-bus-crash-on-kata-hill-officials-douse-engine-to-prevent-fire-66485.php#7xVksZ9GohZPuYka.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-24

23 hours ago, madmitch said:

Spot on Steelepulse. This particular stretch of road is notoriously slippery, especially after just a sprinkling of rain. My GF had a nasty slide down this road and I've seen a few others.

I also tend to believe the driver and also hold him in some esteem for actually admitting he lost control, rather than spouting out the usual excuses.

Ok, so how does that explain them going off the road there in the dry????

16 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

What you have to do, NKM, is put your cursor under the bold letters in the original post, you will see these letters after the words "Full story". Then you click your mouse or trackpad and, hey presto, the full story appears. The next thing you do is read the full story. When you reach the words "The rain had fallen and made the roads wet and slippery" you should realise that the post you were about to make is a bit stupid and decide not to make such a post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

What you have to do, NKM, is put your cursor under the bold letters in the original post, you will see these letters after the words "Full story". Then you click your mouse or trackpad and, hey presto, the full story appears. The next thing you do is read the full story. When you reach the words "The rain had fallen and made the roads wet and slippery" you should realise that the post you were about to make is a bit stupid and decide not to make such a post.

So, MM, are you saying they ONLY go off on the WET, and not the dry?????????????

I don't think so.

Whilst trying to belittle me, you have actually made yourself look quite stupid. 

Keep up the good work. 

:smile:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

I can confirm that there was a short rain shower just before the crash, The road was very slippy with all the dried rubber becoming wet. 

And yes they can also come off the road in the dry due to excess speed.  This driver claims low speed as wet. Slid off - likely a poor driver in the wet.

Edited by LivinginKata