US Passport Holders

mogandave

While I am sure many here already know, for this that do not, there is a “Mobil Passport” app from the US government that allows you to scan in your passport, take your photo, answer your customs and immigration questions before you get to immigration.

The app is free and generates an e-receipt which allows you to skip the terminals at immigration, and get directly into a priority line.

I used it for the first time a couple weeks ago at LAX after a flight attendant told me about it. I was able to download the app, scan my passport, answer the questions, take my photo and generate the e-receipt while taxiing to the gate.

It was faster than the “Global Entry” line and I spent less than five minutes getting through.

It only works at about 20 airports, but if you don’t have it, get it.

You can also (apparently) scan in family members passports and go through as a group, although was by myself.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

I was able to download the app, scan my passport, answer the questions, take my photo and generate the e-receipt while taxiing to the gate.

That's almost as fast as it takes to buy a gun.

But besides that, anything that speeds up any country's immigration re-entry circus is a winner, especially at LAX.

Archived