Whats wrong with you foreigners

On 3/30/2018 at 9:52 AM, sanemax said:

Its quite normal .

Four of my Spurs mates walked past a Chelsea supporter and greeting him with a head butt as well .

The Chelsea supporter didnt even flinch , he knocked the head butter out with one single upper cut , swung his foot in the air , knocking another one out with his heel , then gave the other one a whack in the solar plexis and a knee to the face , then got the other in a head lock and rammed his fist up his nose .

And when all four were motionless on the ground , he urinated all over them

Abramovich should sign him up for the next season considering what a crap one we've had this year.

35 minutes ago, Denim said:

Abramovich should sign him up for the next season considering what a crap one we've had this year.

Knowing Chelsea these days , they'd probably sign up the four injured Spurs supporters on the cheap :)

• Haha 1

It is good to be back in Hua Hin, and see everything is normal, and people are acting normale. Being polite, smiling, and busy with their own mind and shopping. Nothing have changed since I left. Puh, Im so happy, and did not have to look away, look down, smile when I did not want to, and nobody said hi, except the staff and security. Some looked concius at my gf, and me, but that was fat falang middle aged women at my same age. I can live with that :D

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

I’m the same as you, it comes natural to me to smile and great people. I expect most of the examples here are Russians, they seem embarrassed if greeted, I would imagine it’s to do with their recent past, not being able to trust anyone.

Interesting thread, it made me think

On 3/28/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

Ok.  Can  believe. In that  instance.  But  is  it  always  so? Some  are  belligerant  in general, especially  when  drunk.

But widen the  scope  of  social  circumstance is it always so or do you expect it to be?

An  isolated experience  in a bar life  situation  can hardly  be  held as  typical of more  mundane situations.

Neutrality  of  demeanour does  not  prevent  acknowledgement of presence.

Coincidentally enough , I was outside the same place last night , I couldnt sleep at 3 AM and walked around to 7/11.

I heard a sort of wailing noise coming from one of the dark Sois , I took a closer look and there was a young woman laying on the floor wailing , in the middle of the road .

I thought she may have been attacked or run over , I went to ask whether she was OK , she stood up and acted confrontationally , so I continued my walk to 7/11.

Once in 7/11 , I heard a commotion outside , some young Thai guy ran into 7/11 , she followed him in  , pushed him to the floor and then began jumping on his head , I told her to stop jumping up and down on his head .

• 2 weeks later...

Experienced bangkok people invading Hua Hin the last weekend for songkran, and they just dont give a f.ck about falangs at all. They are the best ones to ignore people around themselves, and look at you as the intruder. We live in a condo complex here, and when they arrive, they own the place and swimmingpool area. Not as much as the germans putting the towels on 6 in the morning and come back after breakfest at 10. 

By the way, everything is back to Normal here in Hua Hin now, and people smile when it is natural, and no need for stear at people to see if there is coming a smile or not, or give someone attention. If you walk with a nice lady with a nice smile on her face, you will for sure get alot more attention. But if you are handsome, and the lady is fat and normal look, you will get more attention from the thai leadies. Just a headsup.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

25 years in Thailand and I still wai anyone who wais me (other than young children). A tuk-tuk driver is no less important than a bank clerk IMHO.

good for you, but... 25 years in thailand and you still dont understand thai culture.

Same like many post here. Why would you greet people you don´t know and actually, against what you are trying to say, has nothing in common with. You just don´t know them.
To me that sounds like a person that has very few friends to talk and hang out with, and just need a confirmation to be seen and heard.

However, there is a differens between the big cities as well as the fully packed tourist and expat cities when you compare to the outskirts.
I have come to the conclusion that it´s seems to be more accepted to meet and greet unknow foreigners in the outskirts. That might just be that there is not som many of us there, and it is just more interesting to get 5 minutes of english speaking with how ever it might be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

for the same reason motorcycle riders wave at each other on the highway in western nations, they are sharing a common experience that is not shared by the majority.

I told you. Keep driving safe. Use both your hands when driving. :cheesy:

Edited by Get Real
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Same like many post here. Why would you greet people you don´t know and actually, against what you are trying to say, has nothing in common with. You just don´t know them.
To me that sounds like a person that has very few friends to talk and hang out with, and just need a confirmation to be seen and heard.

However, there is a differens between the big cities as well as the fully packed tourist and expat cities when you compare to the outskirts.
I have come to the conclusion that it´s seems to be more accepted to meet and greet unknow foreigners in the outskirts. That might just be that there is not som many of us there, and it is just more interesting to get 5 minutes of english speaking with how ever it might be.

Why would you talk to strangers on forums for years?

Somethings in life are just habit or fun or something to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Why would you talk to strangers on forums for years?

Somethings in life are just habit or fun or something to do.

Talk to strangers on a forum??? How can that comment even remotely be related to starting a conversation with a stranger in real life?
You know, your real name is probably not "Justfine", and my real name i definately not "Get Real". That means we can talk on this forum just because we can still reamin strangers. You do not have that luxury in the real world. A habit or fun has nothing to do with that. The thing here is called convenience.

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 1

Just now, Get Real said:

Talk to strangers on a forum??? How can that comment even remotely be related to starting a conversation with a stranger in real life?
You know, your real name is probably not "Justfine", and my real namne i definately not "Get Real". That means we can talk on this forum just because we can still reamin strangers. You do not have that luxury in the real world. A habit or fun has nothing to do with that. The thing here is called convenience.

Talking with real life people in person is more important.

I get a laugh from the anxious farangs who look at you from a medium distance away then try to pretend like they didn't.   As you close the distance, can almost hear them shouting at themselves in their head, "Don't look.  DON'T Look  DON'T LOOK!" but right as we pass each other, they lose it and do that quick, sideways eye dart look.... and then pretend they didn't.  It's hilarious!    

I messed with one in a Chang singlet last week.   He gave me the clazee eyeball look as we passed in a wide aisle and just then, I looked right at him and said, "Hallo".  His forearms muscles twitched as he gripped his trolley more tightly for no apparent reason.  I thought maybe he'd had an involuntary bowel movement.

• Like 1