Royal Thai Embassy, London - Non-immigrant visas

Just a heads-up that their info on non-immigrant visas is now available via the following link:-

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Of particular interest to those seeking non-O visas on the grounds of being married to a Thai national, though, is that the Embassy now appear to have introduced a financial requirement in the form of "3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually" (Presumably the word "monthly" trumps the word "annually" here!)

Edited by OJAS

Interesting - they have also clarified their requirements for the O-X ..... which on the orig translation said only "within 1 year". ....and I can't remember the "only in Thailand" bit as well.......

"The money in (a) and (b) must be kept in bank account at least 1 year before withdrawing and, within another next year, the money must be left in the account with the amount of not less than 1.5 million Bath and can only be spent in Thailand." 

It also now states ....

"Please submit the originals of required documentation stipulated above,"

But a year ago I was told that origs were not acceptable and only certified copies could be presented.

Edited by MRToMRT

22 hours ago, elviajero said:

That “financial requirement” has not just been introduced and has been listed on their website for years. It is not enforced. You don’t, currently, have to provide bank statements.

So, despite revamping their website, they still can't manage to get everything right! Truly beggars belief even allowing for the TIT factor IMHO!!

@MRToMRT - in these circumstances, I would take what is said on their website about the O-X visa with a pinch of salt where this differs from what the Embassy actually told you!