Police general warns men: ten years jail for groping females at Songkran

snoop1130

Just now, Justfine said:

Women in bars often grope others and enjoy being groped.

Presumably the sort of bars you frequent have prostitutes looking for clients who indulge in such activity. I don't think any woman who isn't a sex worker looking for a client would appreciate being groped by a stranger. It's exactly that mentality that people all over the world are highlighting, campaigning against and no longer tolerating. The red neck drunk view that all women are whores and can be treated as such. Shame on you.

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

People get less for armed robberies and rape.

Completely silly to come up with some arbitary 10 yrs for touching which is hard to prove anyway without video evidence.

Jails are for serious criminals not drunks.

"Top of the don't list was molesting women such as by groping breasts. He said that anyone who does could face up to ten years behind bars or a fine of 200,000 baht or both."

Do you understand why the verb "could" is used rather than "will" and the expression "up to" ? These are the maximums not mandatory. It would depend on the seriousness and context. Yes, it would require CCTV, video or witness evidence. 

People who commit crimes are criminals. Being pissed and/or full of some other drug ins't an excuse. 

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What a load of twaddle. You think females enjoy being groped by some sexual pervert? You think that's good 'fun"? You should go and live in India, you'd fit in great their. They grope all year, not just for festivals.

Certain police forces in the West are under criticism from feminist groups for not cracking down on gropers and other sexual assault cretins.

Here we have an announcement that those using this celebration to sexual assault ladies and touch them up, whether pissed or not, will face a harsh punishment. Now, whether they'll get off their <deleted> and actually enforce it is another matter. Applause if they do.

playing with my dick does not risk death or maimed like shooting water

into my eyes as i try to pass by on a motorcycle.

i have been subject to both, and while having another man playing with my dick and pretending its polite powdering according to tradition is low on my list,

i take it a hundred times over being attacked with dirty water jets in my eyes while i attempt to drive

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, poanoi said:

playing with my dick does not risk death or maimed like shooting water

into my eyes as i try to pass by on a motorcycle.

i have been subject to both, and while having another man playing with my dick and pretending its polite powdering according to tradition is low on my list,

i take it a hundred times over being attacked with dirty water jets in my eyes while i attempt to drive

So what you trying to say. You don't mind another man groping your dick?

Hey, whatever rocks your boat mate.

Although I agree that throwing water into the faces of riders is dangerous and if it's Khlong water even more so.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

So what you trying to say. You don't mind another man groping your dick?

Hey, whatever rocks your boat mate.

Although I agree that throwing water into the faces of riders is dangerous and if it's Khlong water even more so.

i'm saying throwing water on motorcyclists should be punished several

times harder than grouping

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why will men be punished for groping women, but the women can do as they please with the men and other women? Also the ladyboys and gays can grope straight men or each other and this is also fine?

That is not right.  What about sexual equality?  

How come 'some' women get so traumatised and upset when a man touches her bum (while in a bar at a party and dressed in a sexy way to get male attention), while 'most' men don't care if they are groped.. and just see it as funny, irritating or annoying, but don't have a nervous breakdown about it?

If it's 10y for grope, then it must be at least 2 months for a lewd look. I just might go test that theory in Walking Street, if the enforcement is up to scratch there should be about 5000 women locked up by the time I reach Bali Hai. #metoo!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If it's 10y for grope, then it must be at least 2 months for a lewd look. I just might go test that theory in Walking Street, if the enforcement is up to scratch there should be about 5000 women locked up by the time I reach Bali Hai. #metoo!!!

6 months for showing too much chest hair. 12 months if wearing a thick gold chain.

16 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"These are the maximums not mandatory"

Silly nonsense. Fake threats.

We look forward to you putting your theory to the test. Perhaps in the bars where you know the 'ladies" love to be groped.

Do let us know how you get on.

19 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Nightclubs are full of 20yos hooking up and groping each other.

And providing both parties agree then everything's fine.

But when some pissed up plonker touches up and gropes some 20 year old out of the blue, then she just might not agree. And then it's sexual assault.

24 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Why will men be punished for groping women, but the women can do as they please with the men and other women? Also the ladyboys and gays can grope straight men or each other and this is also fine?

That is not right.  What about sexual equality?  

How come 'some' women get so traumatised and upset when a man touches her bum (while in a bar at a party and dressed in a sexy way to get male attention), while 'most' men don't care if they are groped.. and just see it as funny, irritating or annoying, but don't have a nervous breakdown about it?

Are you really suggesting that if a female dresses nice and sexy, attends a bar or party, she should expect to be sexually assaulted?

28 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i'm saying throwing water on motorcyclists should be punished several

times harder than grouping

One is a sexual assault. One is a serious danger to safety.

Why do you think the punishments should in some way be linked? 

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

One is a sexual assault. One is a serious danger to safety.

Why do you think the punishments should in some way be linked? 

the warning is about offenses using songkran as a coverup,

i did not see water attacks on motorcyclists mentioned even,

and i'm giving thumbs down if blinding drivers isnt billed harder than grouping.

i have been subject to both, so i know severity of both crimes

Just now, poanoi said:

the warning is about offenses using songkran as a coverup,

i did not see water attacks on motorcyclists mentioned even,

and i'm giving thumbs down if blinding drivers isnt billed harder than grouping.

i have been subject to both, so i know severity of both crimes

Yes, most of the issues quoted are offenses, or should be, whether it's Songkran or not.

Sexual assault is an offense that shouldn't be tolerated. It happens all the while as we can see watching any news. 

Throwing water into the faces of motorcyclists, or white powder, and grabbing them only happens at Songkran. It wouldn't be tolerated for the rest of the year and quite frankly, given the dangers shouldn't be tolerated during either. 

36 minutes ago, Artisi said:

In many  cases there's not much to grope anyway, so the penalty could be size specific, whereas in some instances maybe it should be reversed as in,  pay for service. 

So 1 minute to 60 minutes in jail then.

..jeez...

..what about rape....like school administrators with minors....

....and violent assault.....and murder.....

...gotta wonder...

...an innocent bar patron performing a prank with a willing barmaid...ending up dead...comes to mind....

...among other disproportionately violent acts we have read about lately....

Edited by SOTIRIOS
form of adjective...

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You need to have "hands on" experience to be able talk about these things knowledgeably.

The police have a grasp on the situation and will deal with it with a firm hand.

Do the maximum penalties require two hands or only one?