Condo Maint Fee and Extra Charges

Siam Bruce

Condo Maint Fee and Extra Charges.

I put this in the Housing and Real estate Forum but it is also an interest for Condo co-owners  in Pattaya

My situation is in Pattaya but the same should apply all over Thailand but T.I.T.

Can anybody tell me what % of the Total co-owners of any condo building are required to change the Condo Maintenance Fee?

I believe this is NOT the same as a % of Co-owners who either by Proxy or actually bothered to turn up to the second meeting.

I quote the second meeting as it seems Many (not all) Condos don’t get a quorum at the first A.G.M.

In my Condo we have a Maint Fee which amongst other things covered the Security, Elevators and Pool Maint. These three items are now listed as a separate yearly charge; over and above the original Maint fee which amounts to 25% of the Maint fee.

The Condo Management says this resolution was passed at the second meeting and approved by the committee.

They say under the Condo Act on 2008 latest Rev they can charge for these services.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

We believe that with good management of resources the current fee would cover the condo expenses; however control of this condo by a duly elected but dubious committee leaves us in this current situation. Pay up and Shut Up.

Hi

The percent required to modify charges is 50% of total co-owners, yes, not 50% of co-owners (or represented) at the 1st AGM. So it's not something easy to do...

... but, the requirement is only only 50% of owners (present or represented) at the 2nd AGM if ever the first AGM has been cancelled. A lot easier to do.

FYI, it's what happened in Center Condo last year; we didn't get the 25% quorum at the first AGM, The maintenance fee has been increased (from 10 to 19 B/sqm/month) at the second AGM with approval of +50% of present  (but only 20% of total owners)

Archived