#DontTellMeHowToDress: Thai women clap back at govt advice to cover up at Songkran

webfact

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

But no one - I repeat: NO ONE- is allowed to touch her, without her consent!

If she invites you to touch her butt...gives consent to you doing it...there is no problem!

But even if she were butt- naked (pun intended) and you would touch her assets against her will...YOU are to blame and not her!

There are plenty of women out on Songkhran, who dress "properly", as you might say, and still getting groped, because some braindead idiot can not control his urges, when he sees a woman in shorts or a short skirt!

Without her consent.... maybe men should go around with a paper and pen so they can get her written consent and signature to say what they are allowed to touch.  

As for the 'properly' dressed women... that is a same for them and not right.  Please know there are also properly dressed men who also get groped and touched by drunk women, or are you OK with males being sexually assaulted but not women?  Many women can not control their urges either.

Lost count of the number of times Thai women have touched me without my consent, including several at one time trying to drag me into a bar.  You OK with that?

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Without her consent.... maybe men should go around with a paper and pen so they can get her written consent and signature to say what they are allowed to touch.  

As for the 'properly' dressed women... that is a same for them and not right.  Please know there are also properly dressed men who also get groped and touched by drunk women, or are you OK with males being sexually assaulted but not women?  Many women can not control their urges either.

Lost count of the number of times Thai women have touched me without my consent, including several at one time trying to drag me into a bar.  You OK with that?

Was it a hard day at the office?

1) maybe men should just not touch women! It is quiet simple, isn't it! If a woman wants you to touch her, I think she is mostly quiet able to let you know! But if YOU are not otherwise under control: yeah...maybe you should get written consent! 

2) where did I say, I am okay with men being groped? But since the OP is about women, I addressed that subject!

Do I also have to state, that I am against cruelty to animals...just in case, you want to cover that subject as well? 

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

1) maybe men should just not touch women!

Yes, I'm all for this. I say, all men of the world, let's unite and never look at a woman again. 

I'm guessing it would take ~10secs before you'd hear "what's wrong with me why you don't like me" .. just can't win.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, johng said:

And remember the  "good looking women should not wear bikinis"  from the "Democratic soldier"

And the USA judge a few years back that said something like "Women essentially are dressing in a way that asks to be raped"

Why doesn`t that American woman butt out and mind her own business.

Although there can be no excuses for men that sexually molest women, women still have certain responsibilities to themselves for their own safety, that is not to leave themselves vulnerable. Americans should first concentrate on getting their own affairs in order before preaching what is right for people in Thailand.