Sirindhorn Immigration

Went for a visa extension and re-entry permit. Went in at 11:00 and was done by 12:00. No need for any forms. Just copy of all passport pages, departure card and house book and two pictures. One for the visa and the other for the re-entry permit. 

Pol Sen Sgt Maj Jindarat was friendly, smiled a lot, joked a little and spoke English very well. 

Very pleasant visit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isan Farang said:

My address is in Ubon and I am just checking do I have the option to use either the office in Ubon and Sirindhorn when I renew my retirement extension.

You can use either office.

Not sure it would be worth the long trip from the city to Sirindhorn. Certainly not worth it in my case since it is a choice of about 90 km verses 10 km.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TPUBON said:

No need for any forms.

Just to clarify: does this mean that they didn't require a TM7 for the extension or a TM8 for the re-entry permit? If so, this is a first as far as I am concerned!

25 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Just to clarify: does this mean that they didn't require a TM7 for the extension or a TM8 for the re-entry permit? If so, this is a first as far as I am concerned!

They complete the form and print it out for you to sign. I think there are other offices that are doing it the same way.

• Like 1

That is correct. I handed her both forms and she immediately handed them back saying no need for them because she has all the information in the computer. I was surprised. Now this is at Sirinthon, Ubon may be different.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same at the office here in the city.

I just renewed my retirement  in Ubon on March 18 and handed them a completed TM7 and they handed nothing back. When I asked about the re-entry they told me I need to complete a TM8, at Sirindhorn none of this was asked for on my last application.

6 hours ago, TPUBON said:

That is correct. I handed her both forms and she immediately handed them back saying no need for them because she has all the information in the computer. I was surprised. Now this is at Sirinthon, Ubon may be different.

Hmm, not sure that all the info on their computer would still have been current had you made a trip to foreign parts since your previous dealings with them on 90-day reporting in particular. For instance, the recorded TM6 number would no longer have been correct! 

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Hmm, not sure that all the info on their computer would still have been current had you made a trip to foreign parts since your previous dealings with them on 90-day reporting in particular. For instance, the recorded TM6 number would no longer have been correct! 

Theoretically the TM6 should be correct as you have done done the address registration within 24 hours after returning back to Thailand.

The TM6 and address details are then updated in the system.

6 hours ago, merijn said:

Theoretically the TM6 should be correct as you have done done the address registration within 24 hours after returning back to Thailand.

The TM6 and address details are then updated in the system.

That, of course, assumes that your local immigration office requires you to (re-)register your address with them within 24 hours of your return from a trip to foreign parts, through a revised TM30 or whatever. My local office (Maptaput) certainly doesn't require this - and I suspect that the OP's office doesn't either, judging from the tone of his posts.

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

For instance, the recorded TM6 number would no longer have been correct! 

But they would have your passport to check that it is correct before printing the form. If not they could correct it.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, OJAS said:

@TPUBON - out of curiosity did Sirindhorn actually thumb through your passport (or the copies you provided them) before preparing the TM7 & TM8 forms for your signature?

Yes she did. Actually she compared the copies of my passport pages to what was in my passport.