Tourists can't just come and do as they please, says Thai media

webfact

8 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ah, of course I expect mummy looked after you just the same, and nanny gave you a rub when you wanted one.

What a load of privileged crap.

Steven, you don't live in the real world, Very few Thais would dare to question the monarchy unless they are so rich as to be "untouchable".

Thai fairy land with the rich, famous and vacuous.

Enjoy.

The rest of the population are not of the same opinion.

My grandmother died before I was born. My Thai circle of friends has no problem discussing such matters because unlike you they are not ignoramuses and not afraid to express their opinions, despite the current climate. They're the kind of people the Prayuth would love to lock up. I expect your a fan of his.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

How can you comment on a book you've never read? And so how can possibly comment on a country and a culture you nothing about? Nix, nada. Marry a local woman from a socio-economically marginalized part of the country doesn't - I'm afraid - qualify you as an expert, although it is a common delusion amongst your type.

I wasnt commenting on the book, just on the fact that you read it and learned nothing so theres a good chance i would too!!:stoner:

4 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

No it isn't, it's indoctrination. Go look it up in the dictionary. Do you think of children in the Middle East weren't brought up with Islam, they'd be Muslims? No.

a : high or special regard : esteem
b : the quality or state of being esteemed
c respects plural : expressions of high or special regard or deference 

8 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

no, but Ive seen what you learned

No you haven't, A) because you're it's beyond the scope of your capabilities to do so, and B) because you haven't read it. You're discussing something you've never seen, heard of or read, let alone comprehended. If I were you I wouldn't bother, it's far too honest an account for you to deal with, it would make you apoplectic... also, there's not enough pictures and too many words. Village boy.

15 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

How can you comment on a book you've never read? And so how can possibly comment on a country and a culture you nothing about? Nix, nada. Marry a local woman from a socio-economically marginalized part of the country doesn't - I'm afraid - qualify you as an expert, although it is a common delusion amongst your type.

"amongst your type"

Ah! Your type? You presume AJD is in a different social/economic class to you, that's a leap of "faith" or stupidity.

Zuckerberg is one of the richest guys in the world and he is getting his arse rightly kicked.

(see my earlier post on "mummy's boy")

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

Just now, stephen tracy said:

No you haven't, A) because you're it's beyond the scope of your capabilities to do so, and B) because you haven't read it. You're discussing something you've never seen, heard of or read, let alone comprehended. If I were you I wouldn't bother, it's far too honest an account for you to deal with, it would make you apoplectic... also, there's not enough pictures and too many words. Village boy.

nope, merely commenting on your lack of knowledge on things thai

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:
a : high or special regard : esteem
b : the quality or state of being esteemed
c respects plural : expressions of high or special regard or deference 

Have you been reading the dictionary?  Well, it's a start. After that try a book. Anyway, give it a rest, you're น่าเบื่อมาก

• Haha 1

"amongst your type"

Ah! Your type? You presume AJD is in a different social/economic class to you, that's a leap of "faith" or stupidity.

Zuckerberg is one of the richest guys in the world and he is getting his arse rightly kicked.

If the cap fits...

4 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

and yet youre still here!! lol

Yes and speaking fluent Thai and getting some "real" opinions from Thais who arent afraid to give them, at least  privately. 

I wish I was able to speak Thai well but again socially I suspect these would be "avoided" subjects.

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

Yes and speaking fluent Thai and getting some "real" opinions from Thais who arent afraid to give them, at least  privately. 

I wish I was able to speak Thai well but again socially I suspect these would be "avoided" subjects.

how noble of you to speak up for him! lol

15 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

My grandmother died before I was born. My Thai circle of friends has no problem discussing such matters because unlike you they are not ignoramuses and not afraid to express their opinions, despite the current climate. They're the kind of people the Prayuth would love to lock up. I expect your a fan of his.

One again you are completely wrong.

I discuss politics with my Thia friends. Some are very wealthy and others are simple workers.

They talk to me as an equal, not try to impress some jerk like yourself as happens in Thai culture, that you DO NOT comprehend.

You really know very little in your insulated world.

I expect when you venture out of the cocoon it is to a 5* hotel in Phuket, not a house on sticks in Nackon Nowhere.

Go north, give some coins to the kids to ease your conscience...

What a waste of time you are,

:guitar:

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

I suggest you go back to your little self-righteous, I'm an ignorant farang life in Thailand. You are way out f your depth. Your comments clearly illustrate how little you know about the country you profess to be a cultural expert on. Their are plenty if farangs like you here, you're a statistic.

As are you. An ignorant arrogant idiot with no understanding of the true culture.

I have met lots of expats that have the "superior" attitude like yours over the years and it is great to be wined and dined (as I have been) but if fact just a token sycophant looking for an advantage they can exploit.

You need to join the real world, or maybe you don't need to thanks to mummy?

Grow up !

As are you. An ignorant arrogant idiot with no understanding of the true culture.

I have met lots of expats that have the "superior" attitude like yours over the years and it is great to be wined and dined (as I have been) but if fact just a token sycophant looking for an advantage they can exploit.

You need to join the real world, or maybe you don't need to thanks to mummy?

Grow up !

I thank you for your pearls of wisdom and great insights into Thai culture. As of tomorrow I shall make every effort to join you in the "real world". I would thank my mother but she passed away a few years ago.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Tourists must know how to respect Thai ways and not be allowed to get away with bad behavior. Free accommodation in one of our Hilton hotels is free of charge. 

Foreigner Bangkok Hilton WElcome_001.png

There's a  difference between "respect" and "observe"

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

One again you are completely wrong.

I discuss politics with my Thia friends. Some are very wealthy and others are simple workers.

They talk to me as an equal, not try to impress some jerk like yourself as happens in Thai culture, that you DO NOT comprehend.

You really know very little in your insulated world.

I expect when you venture out of the cocoon it is to a 5* hotel in Phuket, not a house on sticks in Nackon Nowhere.

Go north, give some coins to the kids to ease your conscience...

What a waste of time you are,

:guitar:

Id  doubt you were treated as equal, as you "know"  Thai society.

• Like 1

This will get the usual suspects frothing and foaming.
It will be everyone except the white anglo saxons who are to blame for the imaginary problems encountered in thailand especially in the tourist havens.
It is obvious thailand has problems .
These problems are easily outweighed by the cost of living and lifestyle.
If tourists and expats dont like it there is a clear choice

I’m sure you’re ok with Double standards and hypocrisy! Integrated well

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app