Old monk with dementia hit by two vehicles and killed on Trang road

webfact

Old monk with dementia hit by two vehicles and killed on Trang road

By The Nation

A Buddhist monk, 80, who was said to have dementia was hit by vehicles and killed late Thursday night when he wandered about 20 kilometres away from his temple.

The driver of a van that hit the monk called police at 12.30am to report the accident on Trang-Palian road in Ban Klong Lamliang in Moo 9 villlage in Tambon Thung Khai of Trang’s Yan Ta Khao district.

The monk was identified as Phra Chalome, who was been ordained at Wat Sarikarm in Tambon Khok Lor in Muang Trang district 18 years ago.

The van driver, Boonyarat Chuaykarnkla, 42 said he was unable to stop in time when the monk suddenly stepped down from the road island and into the path of his van.

Boonyarat said the impact hurled the monk into the left lane, where he was run over by a pickup truck that then fled the scene.

The temple’s abbot, Phrakru Sangworatham Wimol, said the monk was seen walking around in the temple into the evening. The monk had suffered from dementia for over a year and could not carry out religious activities, said the abbot. He liked to talk about the past and often wandered away from the temple and was brought back by lay-followers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342091

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-30

Also hope the old man did not suffer. RIP,

Dimensional is a terrible condition , my Mother suffered of the condition late in life and often wondered from home and could not find her way back. It was very sad,

I am now 61 and when i can't remember certain things or could not find a word I often wonder if I am experiencing the initial stages . As someone who always lived by his wits (a poor living indeed)   it is very worrying.

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Dimensional is a terrible condition , my Mother suffered of the condition late in life and often wondered from home and could not find her way back. It was very sad,

I am now 61 and when i can't remember certain things or could not find a word I often wonder if I am experiencing the initial stages . As someone who always lived by his wits (a poor living indeed)   it is very worrying.

' Why worry
There should be laughter after pain
There should be sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same '

Don't think too much, or as my wife sometimes says:

'Mai kid mag.'   ---  ไม่คิดมากเท่าไร

3 minutes ago, wolfmuc said:

' Why worry

You Promise?:smile: 

1 minute ago, wolfmuc said:

Promise what? - Just listening Mark Knopfler & Co. -

Btw, for me it is very difficult to survive in this 'mai pen rai' / 'mai kid mag' - atmosphere...

Promise that there will be laughter after pain,

I love laughter! pain? not so much. 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Promise that there will be laughter after pain,

I love laughter! pain? not so much. 

'should be laughter after pain'  - of course, much better laughter without pain.

and ' i can't remember certain things ':  that's normal, I would say.

Good Luck, and have a good time.

13 hours ago, wolfmuc said:

' Why worry

ไม่คิดมากเท่าไร is  Maik id mag taory:smile:

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

My folks died from strokes and they were both in there nineties , But I know just what you mean siri .  Only last time we went to Lotus I started walking towards the car park and Pim reminded me we came on the bike. Another common one is setting off for the town then suddenly  thinking  'Where am I going again '.   Horrible innit. Oh I am 71.

50 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

My folks died from strokes and they were both in there nineties , But I know just what you mean siri .  Only last time we went to Lotus I started walking towards the car park and Pim reminded me we came on the bike. Another common one is setting off for the town then suddenly  thinking  'Where am I going again '.   Horrible innit. Oh I am 71.

I believe that's normal,or I hope it is

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

And I hope you are right heybuz.  Funny when I can remember things that happened 50 years ago , and very trivial things but not what I had for dinner last night.

Spent some time with my father back in the uk recently, he’s 88 and can recall any number of things about his youth, his army days and his working life but ask him, around noon time,  what he has had for breakfast and he would reply with “ have I had breakfast today ? “

But dont worry toofarnorth you are going in the right direction, now if your username was “ toofarsouth “..............well !!

RIP Phra Chalome 

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Spent some time with my father back in the uk recently, he’s 88 and can recall any number of things about his youth, his army days and his working life but ask him, around noon time,  what he has had for breakfast and he would reply with “ have I had breakfast today ? “

But dont worry toofarnorth you are going in the right direction, now if your username was “ toofarsouth “..............well !!

RIP Phra Chalome

Thanks for that Andrew D.  A cheery word is always welcome on here.

Archived