Prostitutes in Thailand are fueling the rise in cases of super gonorrhoea

webfact

7 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

one might also give a thought to the probability that anti-biotic restistant strains are  the result of the medical profssion over-subscribing antibiotice and due to poor advice the general misuse by the public at large. - but lets face it, it's a lot easier to blame the girls!

I would hardly say they are innocent LOL

20 minutes ago, ostyan said:

Why do you think HIV is manageable? Are you one of the followers of B-Africa' Health Minister who stated once HIV can be cured by showering after.

no. i am a believer in Cart treatment which makes the disease managable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

IMO the best thai hookers have to offer is a good handjob: 1/ it's safe 2/ at least they show some action/movement then 3/ shorttime you can bargain it down to 400thb 4/ they save a condom

Im not sure  whether you are ironically pretending to come across as being rather dim, or, you really are

3 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:
On 3/30/2018 at 2:58 PM, djjamie said:

I wonder if he gave it to his wife as well. 

I would guess that he did, IM sure after being away she was chomping at the bit for a little fun

He didn't go to the doc's for a month, so I would say he's screwed ( pardon the pun )

She wont be a happy gal that's for sure

He may get off the hook, given the stats about how many partners cheat (especially while their guy's off doing a sex tour of SEA). 

His only hope is to blame his partner. He may even kill 2 birds with one stone...  Off the hook AND knowing for sure if his partner's been faithful.  Well, not for sure.  But something that serious is going to be looked into by health officials.  So the odds of keeping infidelity hidden are pretty low.

On 30/03/2018 at 10:23 AM, Peterw42 said:

I would have thought it was 50/50, Prostitutes are having 50% of the sex, and their customers are having the other 50%.

The customer visits once.. The hooker visits them all.. 

Simple no ??

2 hours ago, tpazzi said:

Drug companies have basically stopped developing new antibiotics because the time period has been getting shorter and shorter before the bacteria develops resistance to a new drug.     They aren't able to recover the R&D costs so they've basically redirected their research to more profitable pursuits.     
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/drug-companies-arent-making-new-antibiotics-economic-cure

Very interesting article!!

SLAVA EPSTEIN:

Can you use antibiotics smarter? Absolutely. But that will not prevent antimicrobial resistance. It will delay it.

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Im not sure  whether you are ironically pretending to come across as being rather dim, or, you really are

never been so serious. sex with a thai prostitute is probably the dullest thing i will ever experience. with any prostitute for that matter....

I always chuckle whenever I hear western businessmen going to Thailand for a "golf" "work" break. 

Any partner of someone doing this should avoid sexual relations for at least 6 months until test results have come back.

Probably told his wife...just going for quick trip with lads. 

How many thousands of others are doing this every week?

I could'nt give a rats ass what he or she does when going away. However full disclosure should be made to ones partner of what they are doing while away. Only fair in my opinion. Screw whom ever you want just have the balls to tell your partner, and if they are okay with it fine.

On a side note it is being said the uptick in married women having relations while away is climbing quick. So guys just remember the next time the old lady is heading to Blackpool for the weekend with girls she is probably banging some Jamaican stud. 555.....but not my wife....

On 3/30/2018 at 3:37 AM, mommysboy said:

Prostitutes always get the blame!

Yes, I didn't read where he had sex with a sex worker. Also, didn't read where the SE Asian country wasa Thailand. For that matter, didn't read where it was sex with a female, could have been a goat or duck. 

There is an old story in the Army that there is an STD that is incurable, and that, if the soldier caught it, the military would never let that person go back stateside. They'd disappear or die in training exercises, and maybe end up on some military-run island. The way it was described made it seem like gonoherra.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:08 AM, geriatrickid said:

Manageable up to a point. This is one of the myths that has led people not to  practice safe sex. The drugs taken have serious side effects and adverse reaction potential. We see side effects like increased cholesterol  levels,  impact on blood pressure, and liver damage. The end result is that while some people will have 25+ years of quality life, the drugs take a toll on the body. There is also the   psychological burden with living with a chronic condition.

In Thailand, I believe 13,000+ patients die of AIDs per annum.

And here's the  catch and why it ties into this new antibiotic resistant strain of bacteria: HIV typically presents with other  STIs.  I come from the old school where we were taught that the presence of Neisseria gonorrhoeae was a red flag to test for HIV, because people with HIV are more susceptible to infections. 

I would suggest that we are sitting on a ticking time bomb and it is because of this stupid habit of allowing antibiotics to be dispensed willy nilly without verifying what the underlying infection is.  The impact is that there is a strong sentiment amongst some public health thinkers  to block certain regions from having  access to  innovative drugs because of the potential for misuse. 

Thanks for bringing the seriousness of this front and center while most posters make lite of the subject.  People still die from AIDS, and other STD's complicate treatment.  Some people just don't get it because they have not been personally involved with the problems related to STD's and HIV.  After witnessing what people go through before they die from AIDS, I defy anyone to take the subject lightly.

• Like 2

I thought prostitution was/is an illegal practise in Thailand.

Oh, but paying a bar fine is not soliciting for a service! Ya right!

We all know what goes on and so do the authorities, but the industry continues because it brings in mainly male tourists who help support the economy by being in Thailand for sex.

The government blows its small trumpet to the rest of the world telling all how wonderful tourism is, that tourists visit Thailand for the food, temples etc, but truth be known, many tourist just visit Thailand for the illegal sex industry which the authorities allow to continue operating.

I wonder why? Corruption.

Extortion.

Embezzlement, and so on...

Expensive watches...

Better beaches can be found in many other parts of the world as can food, places of interest and so on... 

Thailand has a world wide reputation for the sex industry. Fact!

Banish bar girls and enforce the law as written, and then see how many tourists visit Thailand.

A new definition for the word tourist should read,

yet another foreigner with benefits to help support a social care.

Because the Thai government cannot take care of its own people, the foreigner generally does the job and is normally cheated in the process of trying to do good!

T.I.S.T

I thought prostitution was/is an illegal practise in Thailand.

Oh, but paying a bar fine is not soliciting for a service! Ya right!

We all know what goes on and so do the authorities, but the industry continues because it brings in mainly male tourists who help support the economy by being in Thailand for sex.

The government blows its small trumpet to the rest of the world telling all how wonderful tourism is, that tourists visit Thailand for the food, temples etc, but truth be known, many tourist just visit Thailand for the illegal sex industry which the authorities allow to continue operating.

I wonder why? Corruption.
Extortion.
Embezzlement, and so on...

Expensive watches...

Better beaches can be found in many other parts of the world as can food, places of interest and so on... 

Thailand has a world wide reputation for the sex industry. Fact!

Banish bar girls and enforce the law as written, and then see how many tourists visit Thailand.

A new definition for the word tourist should read,

yet another foreigner with benefits to help support a social care.

Because the Thai government cannot take care of its own people, the foreigner generally does the job and is normally cheated in the process of trying to do good!

T.I.S.T

The law regulates prostitution in Thailand, it doesn't prohibit it completely. When having sex with someone you don't know well, irrespective of whether you're paying for it, it's wise to wear protection.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, ostyan said:

Why do you think HIV is manageable? Are you one of the followers of B-Africa' Health Minister who stated once HIV can be cured by showering after.

No. I say it's manageable because is was in HIV care and research for 3 years out of my 30 year career.  Also spent time With humanitarian medical expeditions here in Thailand and in India. Once the genotype of the virus is identified in the right medicines are ministered, with a good diet, regular sleep, supplementation and correct medicines many patients live almost a normal duration of life. The main complication and concern are usually upper respiratory infections.  Of course if you smoke and drink then the odds are stacked way against you both situations set you up for the immune system being compromised. Then There's this from the Discover of the HIV virus Luc Montagnier but you probably know better than him...    

15 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

one might also give a thought to the probability that anti-biotic restistant strains are  the result of the medical profssion over-subscribing antibiotice and due to poor advice the general misuse by the public at large. - but lets face it, it's a lot easier to blame the girls!

It's a combination of over prescribing and misuse by the people that are taking antibiotics. Either taking the wrong ones, or not taking them for the full duration indicated.

• Like 1

Typucally bar girls get all of the blame. In recent years being  in SE Asia i would say the following.

Filipinas are much less likely to use condom than Thais.

Both Filipina and Thai bar girls are much more likely to use a condom than a girl you are lkely to meet outside of the bar scene eg chance meeting or Online

A signifcant number of bar girls in Phils are tested for  infection on a weekly basis  i believe the same is true in some GoGo bars in Thailand.

Everywhere in SE Asia i have been to the number of bargirls massively outweighs the potential customers. Multi partners a day may be true in some areas with popular girls but i think many are happy to get 1 or 2 encounters per week.

I am not trying to diminish the risks of unprotected encounters with a bar girl but none of us really know what those overall risks maybe in comparison to any other sexual encounter. It is un-necessary for TV members here to start talk of skanky prostitutes on the basis of a UK propoganda sensationalist story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Typucally bar girls get all of the blame. In recent years being  in SE Asia i would say the following.

Both Filipina and Thai bar girls are much more likely to use a condom than a girl you are lkely to meet outside of the bar scene eg chance meeting or Online

A signifcant number of bar girls in Phils are tested for  infection on a weekly basis  i believe the same is true in some GoGo bars in Thailand.

Everywhere in SE Asia i have been to the number of bargirls massively outweighs the potential customers. Multi partners a day may be true in some areas with popular girls but i think many are happy to get 1 or 2 encounters per week.

I am not trying to diminish the risks of unprotected encounters with a bar girl but none of us really know what those overall risks maybe in comparison to any other sexual encounter. It is un-necessary for TV members here to start talk of skanky prostitutes on the basis of a UK propoganda sensationalist story.

Your observations are quite accurate.  Good summation.  One thing to consider, even though according to the book, there is a 90 day window period from contact to ability to detect anti-bodies in the blood stream. However those of us who have spent time in HIV care have seen that the reality is that in up to 85% of the cases antibodies can be detected in a  period as short as 2.5 weeks. There is another test called "the overnight test."   It is a PCR/DNA test that checks for actual copies of the virus in the blood, not anti-bodies. Copies can show as soon as 24 to 72 hours.  If it comes back as positive for viral copies the patient is given an aggressive course of anti-retroviral drugs that have a high success rate of converting the patient to serum negative.  One other thought is that pregnant women who are HIV-positive and go on the correct series and dose of anti-retroviral drugs have a 99% chance of delivering a HIV negative baby. Too bad it is not employed here in Thailand much. The reality is in the Thai healthcare system HIV Education and treatment is sorely lacking.    Senator Mechai Viravydia although attacked initially, thrust Thailand foward with his Progressive HIV/AIDS awareness programs. He was the one who started the chain of Cabbages and Condoms restaurants Around Thailand.

Of course there is super STDs here. 

Zero sex Ed and Thai women are super easy to get a leg over with irrespective of social class it’s not just the Hookers. 

They wonder why its fueling this. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Of course there is super STDs here. 

Zero sex Ed and Thai women are super easy to get a leg over with irrespective of social class it’s not just the Hookers. 

They wonder why its fueling this. 

True, IMHO.  Curiously, to your point, the few STDs I've had I got from "civilians."  Side note I saw the beginning of antibiotic resistant gonorrhea as a medic  in the Philippines in 1971. Mostly from working girls at that time. It's been progressing ever since...

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Nah....your post reads like a typical monger.

Of course you are less likely to catch a disease from a regular girl than a bargirl. Also, thanks for a laugh about prostitutes being tested on a weekly basis. Even if that's true (which is, if course a total b.s.) how is this going to help if she got infected say last week as results won't show up on tests in several months.

Geez, you are making sex workers sound more honest than bankers. Wonder why.