Toyota C-HR HV Hi hybrid

Hummin

9 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

The reviews I've read are disappointing, the Honda HR-V is the better option. 

Which reviews?

Most things I hear till know was good except the view from the backside. As the passengers in the back row have a very limited view because of door and the door handle.

The HR-V also should be a newer version this year, but still missing features like the blind spot monitor. which I think is very helpful in the street of Bangkok.. 

And a Navi is still not available as well if I am correct

Edited by HampiK
Missing Navi

7 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

The reviews I've read are disappointing, the Honda HR-V is the better option. 

I was at Honda yesterday, and the HR-V was not an option yet, and so far only in Japan ? 

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

Which reviews?

Most things I hear till know was good except the view from the backside. As the passengers in the back row have a very limited view because of door and the door handle.

The HR-V also should be a newer version this year, but still missing features like the blind spot monitor. which I think is very helpful in the street of Bangkok.. 

And a Navi is still not available as well if I am correct

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2018-toyota-c-hr/review/

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/c-hr

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/toyota/c-hr

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/232872/2018-toyota-chr-rating-review/

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

I was at Honda yesterday, and the HR-V was not an option yet, and so far only in Japan ? 

It's been out for two years now,  a friend owns one(bought it in Pattaya )and likes it.

1 hour ago, ThaiBob said:

Thanks for the review links. But this are not reviews from Thailand and this is the main problem. They not compare the same cars. For example in swiss you can buy the Honda HRV with a navigation system in Thailand there is no navigation system in the HRV. So you can not compare the swiss review with the thai review!

And the review from caranddriver tell there is for example no navigation system in the Toyota C-HR, which is wrong for Thailand... The navigation system is in the Topmodel included.

Never ever read reviews from other countries, because there maybe differences in the equipement. A few things which were told in the reviews are true.. others are unfortunatelly wrong. You always have to read the Thai version car very careful. 

But still this reviews can help as they are at least in an easier language to understand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I asked in the Honda dealer shop in Hua Hin, and they say the only Hybrid they had and could deliver, was Accord.

If you looked at the website link I provided you, you would see that dealer's answer match the information on the company website!

2 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

Every car has a built in access to phones for GPS

built-in navi systems are crap.

This is complety wrong that every car has access to phones for GPS.

And about which Navi is better the one from the car or from the mobile, depends on the car and your mobile navigation. The car navigation has some advantages (as least in better cars) which the phone can't support.

As my car navigation in switzerland also was working inside a tunnel (tube) where the one on the mobile doesn't knew where the position of the car was. This because the navigation of the car also checks the speed of the car, when there is no GPS signal available… The mobile version not has this advantage… and there are maybe some other benefits from a navigation of a car. But yes a navi on the phone easier to update and probably cheaper when you have to start to pay for the car updates.

I took a look at the C-HR and the HR-V at the motor show last week.       I thought the C-HR interior felt very cramped, kind of like the Juke.     I liked the HR-V over the Toyota  but will wait for the new model  HR-V to come out in a couple of years as my 3 y/o Jazz only has 25,000 km so to early to sell.

12 minutes ago, HampiK said:

The motor show just started on Wednesday (march 28)

Sorry, I should have said the past week.   We went to the show on Thursday, the 29th.    In future posts I will try to be more accurate and proof read my posts so I wont make an error like this again.     Thanks for pointing out the error.

Edited by Spaniel
add additional info

Just now, Spaniel said:

Sorry, I should have said the past week.   We went to the show on Tuesday, the 29th.    In future posts I will try to be more accurate and proof read my posts so I wont make an error like this again.     Thanks for point out the error.

But I think your decision to wait a few years seems smart... I think in about 2-3 years there are a new Mazda generation which also will have hybrid versions and hopefully the newer HRV will have more features as well.

How was the Motor show? I intend to go next week.

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

But I think your decision to wait a few years seems smart... I think in about 2-3 years there are a new Mazda generation which also will have hybrid versions and hopefully the newer HRV will have more features as well.

How was the Motor show? I intend to go next week.

Crowded and get there early as parking is a nightmare.   The auto show was real nice.    Tickets cost B100 .

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, bizader said:

Has anyone bought a CHR yet? Any thoughts on the car, and any recommendation on which one to get - the 1.8 mid or the Hybrid mid? Thinking of buying one, not sure which one to get!

City or longdistance driving or mix? 

Im going for the Hybrid if I buy a new car. Still on hold for awhile, but are 99% sure. 

I spent a few hours at Toyota Udon today.......thinking I was going to replace my 10 year old VIGO with a REVO.  But was disappointed with the lack of newer technology safety features even in the top of the line truck.  On my way out, I spotted the CHR for the first time (we've been out of country for a few months).  I was pretty impressed with the gas-only version (mid), but then saw a sign that advertised the hybrid features.....10 year warranty on battery, free labor on all work for 10 years, 5 year vehicle warranty vs. 3 year.  So, I asked to see the hybrid.......and it has all the bells and whistles that I've been looking for......auto lights, auto wipers, loads of air bags, brake assist in the event of front collision, lane departure warning, among other things.  

Granted, I haven't looked at other hybrids......but have to say, Toyota will get another look, this time with my wife in tow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bizader said:

Has anyone bought a CHR yet? Any thoughts on the car, and any recommendation on which one to get - the 1.8 mid or the Hybrid mid? Thinking of buying one, not sure which one to get!

I made the reservation for the Hybrid HI version, I will go for the HI version as I want the security features like Blind-spot break assist and the other stuff. and the price difference is very small. The Hybrid i take in hope of safe some gasoline in Bangkok as the start stop with a hybrid makes sense.

The testdrives I have made was all very nice. In about 1 month the car should arrive.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

City or longdistance driving or mix? 

Im going for the Hybrid if I buy a new car. Still on hold for awhile, but are 99% sure. 

We will be doing mix driving. Weekdays in the city and weekends on long drive. Is the Hybrid less powerful than the petrol version?

1 hour ago, kokesaat said:

I spent a few hours at Toyota Udon today.......thinking I was going to replace my 10 year old VIGO with a REVO.  But was disappointed with the lack of newer technology safety features even in the top of the line truck.  On my way out, I spotted the CHR for the first time (we've been out of country for a few months).  I was pretty impressed with the gas-only version (mid), but then saw a sign that advertised the hybrid features.....10 year warranty on battery, free labor on all work for 10 years, 5 year vehicle warranty vs. 3 year.  So, I asked to see the hybrid.......and it has all the bells and whistles that I've been looking for......auto lights, auto wipers, loads of air bags, brake assist in the event of front collision, lane departure warning, among other things.  

Granted, I haven't looked at other hybrids......but have to say, Toyota will get another look, this time with my wife in tow.

Did you test drive the car? If yes, can you share your feedback on the power delivery, comfort level

3 minutes ago, bizader said:

Did you test drive the car? If yes, can you share your feedback on the power delivery, comfort level

I did testdrive, and I liked the car for me who are 179 cm, the seating position was good, and driving comfort better than the bigger suvs for sure. My feeling and opinion of course, but if you are looking for power, I guess you will be dissapointed, and one more thing I did not like is the narrow view due to the rear side windows. 

Those rear door windows look way too small and set at

a higher line than the front ones.

Would create rear passenger claustrophobia surely ?

Engine power @ 144bhp for a 2.0 Litre seems a little low 

& performance against it rivals reflect this:

acceleration-c-hr-photo-691631-s-original.jpg.png.a71bf8e30a976103287b48b9d41e9152.png

3 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Those rear door windows look way too small and set at

a higher line than the front ones.

Would create rear passenger claustrophobia surely ?

Engine power @ 144bhp for a 2.0 Litre seems a little low 

& performance against it rivals reflect this:

acceleration-c-hr-photo-691631-s-original.jpg.png.a71bf8e30a976103287b48b9d41e9152.png

I was not thinking of the rear passenger claustrophobia problem, mor e of me having full view and control, especially thinking of the traffic around you, motorbikes and so on. Except from that, very nice and good car. 

Anyone know the delivery time now? Last time I checked it was two months. Today Im 99,5% sure it will be this one.