Partner problems, a family crisis, 5.5 years on...what happened next.

nextmove

12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you can't be bothered to read it, don't comment, just move on to a story about Toad Boy and his watches.. :)

Up to me, not you! War and Peace would be an easier read.

Edited by torrzent
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

We are very familiar with family, friends, etc from our village going to work in Israel. Many are there currently.

Previously, many went to Sweden to pick berries in the same kind of scam your wife was involved in. 

Not enough berries to pick to cover the cost of borrowing all the money to get there which was sharked at ridiculous rates.

Come back to Thailand and lose their land and/or house because they did not earn any money.

Always some Auntie pulling the scam.

40 people sleeping on the floor, getting almost nothing to eat the entire time.

One Thai man came back and lost his farm and committed suicide.

It is sad your wife was caught and arrested, however, either you do not want to tell the whole story or you are looking for sympathy for your wife?

Maybe you do know the whole story and know why she got sent to prison for so long and now much money and now many people were scammed.

These same types of foreign work scams have completely ruined innocent lives while the perpetrators run off with all their money, land, house etc.  

It was a kind gesture for you to pay off a few claims but I suspect is was the tip of the iceberg.

Isaan people were scammed out of millions of baht, not a couple thousand pounds.

Probably a good idea you moved on and gave your daughter an awesome chance to have a life.

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

"... These same types of foreign work scams have completely ruined innocent lives while the perpetrators run off with all their money, land, house etc.  ..."

And there's often a headline and in 99% of the cases the scammers are known but never punished. TIT, sad.

• Like 1

bit of a confusing post and to be honest i gave up reading after the first few paragraphs... i get the gist that your wife was/is involved in scamming innocent people who probably cant/couldn't afford to lose the money. she sounds like a real catch.

• Like 1

Thanks for that interesting, if sad story, a warning for all of us living here in a culture where lieing seems to be socially acceptable as long as you gain money or save face from it. A point well worth remembering for us from cultures where this isn't the case.....

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I read both the link and the current story. I guess many no longer have the attention

span or are too busy to read. In any case, there are no winners here. I feel sorry for everyone.

(Except Aunty) The scammed, a young mother, daughter, and of course yourself. The silver

lining is the opportunity your daughter has embraced. (Her education)

I have only one piece of advice and it has nothing to do with your story. 

Get your daughter out of her elite level gymnastics program. It is a terrible sport full of

abuse and most of the athletes have eating disorders. Unfortunately, that is what it takes to be

successful in that sport. Best of luck and happy times going forward.

Thanks for your kind words Ulic. Regarding the gymnastics...is this your personal experience from Canada or the US?

If you take a look at most GB gymnasts these days they are most certainly what you would describe as the  "fuller figure"...another way to describe them would be "chunky". Being half Thai my daughter is on the slim side and is what I would describe as a "fat form" of her Thai grandfather who is built like a stick insect. The coaches at my daughters gym are encouraging her to eat big steaks and pasta every day in order to gain weight to improve performance and I am 100 per cent with them. She has never been a great eater but as she grows older and exercises  more things are improving. Historically  I understand  concerns have been raised about the welfare of young gymnasts around the world and also in recent times but I have to say I am not seeing anything that concerns me in my area. I continiue to monitor the situation closely but at this point in time my daughter lives for her gymnastics and has never been happier.

Edited by nextmove
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, samsensam said:

bit of a confusing post and to be honest i gave up reading after the first few paragraphs... i get the gist that your wife was/is involved in scamming innocent people who probably cant/couldn't afford to lose the money. she sounds like a real catch.

Please let me allow you to look inward for one fleeting moment of your life and quote somebody that you hopefully will know very well from a recent post:-

oh dear my friend, if are unable to express yourself in mature and polite way it's better to say nothing.

i reiterate; ignorance is not a defence wherever you are. and as they say; making assumptions makes an ass out of you and me.

have a nice day 

Touche ,Touche my friend

Have a nice day !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

I read both the link and the current story. I guess many no longer have the attention

span or are too busy to read. In any case, there are no winners here. I feel sorry for everyone.

(Except Aunty) The scammed, a young mother, daughter, and of course yourself. The silver

lining is the opportunity your daughter has embraced. (Her education)

I have only one piece of advice and it has nothing to do with your story. 

Get your daughter out of her elite level gymnastics program. It is a terrible sport full of

abuse and most of the athletes have eating disorders. Unfortunately, that is what it takes to be

successful in that sport. Best of luck and happy times going forward.

Agreed ...

5 hours ago, nextmove said:

But not as long as the last five years...I assure you.

Besides interesting stories are generally on the longer side, you don't get many interesting one liners:smile:

*I woke up this morning and theres a Chinese space station on my roof *?

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Can happen to any of us?  Perhaps to you and your associates. This is a story of fraud and human trafficking. I do not know anyone who would do such a thing. It seems to have worked out for the OP who I believe is better off without the convicted criminal in his life.  The woman most certainly knew what she was doing as did her family. 

Well it happned to me ,so I  have to agree it could happen to anyone of us. Its no different than a wife or a husband having an affair behind your back...that can also  "happen to anyone of us". It's really all about the luck of the draw at the end of the day.

Just to make a correction here this is only a story about fraud. Human trafficking NEVER took place since there were evidently no real jobs bad or good ever forthcoming.Nobody ended up in a very bad place being abused in a foreign land. However on balance yes I have to agree that my ex partner and  her family almost certainly knew what they were doing and if this was the case I am reviled by it as much as the next decent human being....particularly as myself and my daughter also became victims and suffered the consequences of such an act on a very  personal level .

Edited by nextmove

15 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Great read and at last things have changed for the better. Sure the future holds much happiness for you and your daughter. Thanks for sharing 

Thanks for your kind words baansgr.

what an amazing story, i was captured,totally from start to finish, well done it is great to read a truelly great story of a poms success in thailand with such a happy ending, well done ,and you can be very proud of your self, actually i vagualy do remember the first bit, i always wondered what happened

• Thanks 1