What's With The Ad's

Mid

Please settle down and stop throwing all the toys out of the pram mid.

Admin has been notified.

BTW, I'm still not getting any ads - using IE6.

make them go away .................................... :o

well ............ :o

correct .......loose them :D

F that , GET RID OF THEM ............... :D
money grabbing rubbish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thought that Tv members were treated better ??????????????

the opt out link is bull <deleted> , just loops to the same page

thanxs Thai Visa :D

big points lost

they ARE SPAM

Forget to take your medicine this morning Mid? :D LOL!!

Edited by ashacat

So how do you get rid of them? I'm using IE7 and clicked that opt out link and it looped back to the same subject.

They're very annoying to say the least and I nearly flamed a newbie for adding spam into his post.

Spam Canada Thailand Holidays are just some of the words being targetted

Farma ,

retry giving the page time to load fully ,

seems that <deleted> takes a lot longer to load

should get a popup asking for confirmation ,

click yes and there gone

Thanks Mid, it worked and I got rid of that unwanted rubbish

Never had this. I use firefox.

When IE7 was installed it asked me if I wanted this function adn I said "no thank you wery much!" and that was it.

Jees! you lot are moody... :o

Sounds like it is an IE7 opt-in and not an issue with Thaivisa then.

it's not a war of the browsers ...........

so , don't try to turn it into one .

Hope that reply is not targeted at me. :o It's simply an indication that it may be related to a specific browser version. It matters little to me what you use. We're still looking into it.

it's not a war of the browsers ...........

so , don't try to turn it into one .

Hope that reply is not targeted at me. :o It's simply an indication that it may be related to a specific browser version. It matters little to me what you use. We're still looking into it.

nope ,

post above you ' kayo '

From time to time we are experimenting different ways of monetizing the site in order to pay for hosting, colocation, bandwidth, legal expenses etc.

The new ads some of you see is so called content targeted links delivered by Kontera. We will try them out for a while and see how they work out. These ads are not spyware.

The new ads some of you see is so called content targeted links delivered by Kontera. We will try them out for a while and see how they work out. These ads are not spyware.

Thanks for the update George, just was confusing that some members see them and some not and seemed browser related.

Thanks for the update George, just was confusing that some members see them and some not and seemed browser related.

Much as I laud the requirements to fund this wonderful site these are hardly TARGETED ads.

Whatever, if you're persistant with the disable link they do indeed stop :o

Farma ,

retry giving the page time to load fully ,

seems that <deleted> takes a lot longer to load

should get a popup asking for confirmation ,

click yes and there gone

I don't have a pop up allowing me to disable those adds - and I have changed setings in my Tools -> Pop-up blocker setting to High.

Seeing those adds today in the morning I did think that my computer was hijacked by a malware - before I spottet that thread I run already spybot and ad-aware (without sucess, of course).

I would suspect these adds might turn off surfers from browsing the boards - they won't come back because they would be afraid of getting a virus

Edited by londonthai

I don't have a pop up allowing me to disable those adds - and I have changed setings in my Tools -> Pop-up blocker setting to High.

To disable the ads, hover over one, click the '?', on the page that loads, right at the bottom is a link to disable, you may need to click it a couple of times to convince it to go away :o

To disable the ads, hover over one, click the '?', on the page that loads, right at the bottom is a link to disable, you may need to click it a couple of times to convince it to go away :o

Thanks for that information. They were borthering me both in IE6 and IE7 (IE6 in vmware). I just followed your instructions and they are gone. IMHO very annoying since they interfere with reading the text.