Usable tethering options for laptop?

NutsMango

Seems like a condo in BKK where I will be spending ~ 30 days do not have wifi.

I use internet a lot - not youtube, games etc... but a lot of browsing, website development etc.

The best option I've found is probably https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/net-no-limit.html

30 days at 4Mbps with no limit: 500 THB

or

7 days at 10Mbps with no limite: 200 THB

Did someone used it before and can confirm the latency and speed are okay? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by NutsMango

I'm using dtac 2Mbps unlimited sim, 1900 baht/year https://oilinki.com/blog/1-year-unlimited-data-sim-cards-thailand ), which is connected to my home wifi router as my home connection.

It has been working fine for the past 3 months. I'm watching youtube etc. but naturally not with HD-quality.

The latency to 8.8.8.8 is about 70-100ms where I live in Phuket, which is better than what I got with ADSL line before. 

20 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm using dtac 2Mbps unlimited sim, 1900 baht/year https://oilinki.com/blog/1-year-unlimited-data-sim-cards-thailand ), which is connected to my home wifi router as my home connection.

It has been working fine for the past 3 months. I'm watching youtube etc. but naturally not with HD-quality.

The latency to 8.8.8.8 is about 70-100ms where I live in Phuket, which is better than what I got with ADSL line before. 

Thanks! I never knew something like this exists... 

If you buy a phone sim with an internet data package you also have access to their free wifi hotspots throughout Bangkok and Thailand. AIS probably has the broadest coverage. You can also go to malls like Terminal 21 and get a password for their free internet wifi or you could go to Starbucks and buy an overpriced drink, then sit in air-conditioned comfort, saving your phone data package for your condo.

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

If you buy a phone sim with an internet data package you also have access to their free wifi hotspots throughout Bangkok and Thailand. AIS probably has the broadest coverage. You can also go to malls like Terminal 21 and get a password for their free internet wifi or you could go to Starbucks and buy an overpriced drink, then sit in air-conditioned comfort, saving your phone data package for your condo.

Yes, I know about the wifi hotspots from mobile operators... it won't be in the condo likely

I'm more of "working from bed" type - don't like spending time in coffee shops / malls

AIS, True and DTac all offer similar. DTac catch you with auto renewal. AIS are cheaper and you can choose daily, weekly or monthly and you have the option not to auto renew. You can get 6Mb/s and I think there is a 10Mb/s package.

Both Truemove H and AIS have 30 day 6 Mbps packages for 550 + VAT as standard.

DTAC's 10 Mbps is nice, but as long as they fail to offer a monthly option, I won't be subscribing. 852 baht per 28 days is not great value.

Unfortunately for them, Truemove H has taken the lead and are offering a 30 day 10 Mbps package(upgrade from 6 Mbps) for 588.50 baht incl. VAT, as long as you subscribe by the end of this month; *900*1789#

Alternatively an upgrade from 4 Mbps to 6 Mbps is available for 535 baht incl. *900*1788#

Of course you need to check the max speeds available in your location using the respective network before proceeding.

Cheapest 30 days 4 Mbps package is with AIS at 481.50 baht; *777*7155#