How to get car registered in my name after payoff?

Hi everyone. I'm looking for info on how to get my Toyota pickup changed into my name. I paid it off last month from Toyota leasing and they sent me the documents to sign, which I did, and I sent them back to Toyota. Now, 2 weeks later they say I need to give them a copy of my Work Permit! There was nothing in the original paperwork that said anything about this.

I have a marriage Visa, so can I get this done without a Work Permit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:
4 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can if you have a residence permit.

No, only as owner, not as recident, you need a yellow book for that. 

No, only as owner, not as recident, you need a yellow book for that,please stop posting false information. 

I haven't started posting false information!

A foreigner holding a 'Residence Permit' (commonly known as Permanent Residence) can be included in the Blue Tabian Baan.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

A foreigner holding a 'Residence Permit' (commonly known as Permanent Residence) can be included in the Blue Tabian Baan.

canthai is correct, but for peace of mind, go to your local 90 day imo office, they, believe it or not are most helpful on this subject of late.

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

It's called certificate of residence. 

It's like calling extension of stay a visa. 

post-8384-1151847597.jpg

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

It's called certificate of residence

I know what it is called. It is also known as a "Residence Permit" for short because it is a PERMIT. 

"Notification of Immigration Commission
Criterion and conditions of foreign nationals’ residential permit consideration

Base on the authority prescribed in Section 7, Section 41, Section 43 and Section 45 of Immigration Act B.E. 2522 stipulate that foreign nationals who wish to attain resident in the Kingdom of Thailand may apply for resident permit with the Immigration Commission."

26122546_regulation_notice_en.pdf

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

It's called certificate of residence. 

It's like calling extension of stay a visa. 

Your comparison is nonsensical. I called it a "Residence Permit" not a Residence Visa.

Took me 8 months,  letter of residence was required... Not WP as different to home address.  As LOR only lasts 30 days had to then get another.  Kasikorn leasing,  was a real nightmare for me.  Good luck

And also as I had changed province,  they said had to have new plates which was another 6 weeks. 

Edited by baansgr
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

I know what it is called. It is also known as a "Residence Permit" for short because it is a PERMIT. 

"Notification of Immigration Commission
Criterion and conditions of foreign nationals’ residential permit consideration

Base on the authority prescribed in Section 7, Section 41, Section 43 and Section 45 of Immigration Act B.E. 2522 stipulate that foreign nationals who wish to attain resident in the Kingdom of Thailand may apply for resident permit with the Immigration Commission."

26122546_regulation_notice_en.pdf

Permits the Frog on the Muppet Show.!!.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:56 AM, PoorSucker said:

I have been "puu asai" = living on the property and "chau baan = master of the house hold both in yellow and blue tabien baan books. They work exactly the same way, blue is for Thai's and residents, that's the only difference

I have always translated puu asai to living on the property and evidence of that should be what is required to register a car on you = proof of my legally registered address in Thailand. I don't care if that is called resident or not but can you explain what you mean please

1) You mean that it not evidence of your legally registered address if you're in the blue tabien baan as puu asai?

2) Owner? Tabien baan has nothing to do with ownership, it is just a house register. There is no owner information anywhere in a tabien baan

Thanks

Michael

4 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Thanks

Michael

Contrary to what is often assumed by foreigners this document has nothing to do with ownership of a house or condo and cannot be used as proof of ownership

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

19 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Contrary to what is often assumed by foreigners this document has nothing to do with ownership of a house or condo and cannot be used as proof of ownership

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

I know, that is why I wonder why you wrote

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:56 AM, PoorSucker said:

Michael

• 1 month later...

Well it took over a month, mostly due to the incompetence of the Toyota people, but I finally got my Book and all's well now. They had my WP the first time but they did something wrong, because the 2nd time they went to DMV it went through.