Trump says he thinks he could have a good relationship with Putin

webfact

17 hours ago, selftaopath said:

AMEN.

The Republican Congress is complicit in Trump's undermining of U.S. institutions. I love the adage: What "we" allow "we" condone. This Congress is a bunch of spineless individuals who repeatedly put self interests and party above country.

I am continuously confused why America doesn't expose Putin's wealth and all his ill gotten finances. Do Russians know how it is that so few have so much and how that came to be? Do they care or is the entire country corrupt?  Actually I don't care to hear a Russian's explanation. I trust the average Russia as much as I trust the pathological liar conman. 

I think it is some unspoken rule of diplomacy and international relations. Personal information on heads of state, if not often publicly exposed (unless countries are at war or downright hostile - and no, the Russia-US relations aren't quite there, yet). Part of this is knowing that Russia could probably release some damaging info as well.

For example, during the Russia-Turkey diplomatic clash (following the interception of the Russian bomber), Russia said it will expose detailed information regarding Erdogan's connections with ISIS. Far as I recall, they did not.

• Thanks 1

Whoa! Trump just tweeted this.. and named Putin.

"Many dead, including women and children, in mindless CHEMICAL attack in Syria. Area of atrocity is in lockdown and encircled by Syrian Army, making it completely inaccessible to outside world. President Putin, Russia and Iran are responsible for backing Animal Assad. Big price..."

It's going to be interesting to see, how the Russian trolls will now change their attitude towards Trump after Trump slashed Putin. 

Interesting times.

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

It's going to be interesting to see, how the Russian trolls will now change their attitude towards Trump after Trump slashed Putin. 

Interesting times.

Trump talks and talks. I suspect little action can be expected. Maybe something little and "symbolic" but any real severe action is beyond bullyboy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oilinki said:

Interesting times.

I think the going "tactic" by such is to treat Trump, the administration, the US political system, and the country itself as distinct entities. Other constructs will include the "controlled" MSM, the nefarious MIC etc. Nothing Orwell didn't write about decades ago.