TM 30 at Jomtien

kimchibob

Don’t know if this has been brought up before, but a TM 30 is now required at Jomtien Immigration when processing an extension of stay. There is a new window number 10 just to the left of the door which processes the application. The application is picked up at the front desk. Required paperwork is rental agreement, TM 30 application signed by owner, copy of owner’s ID card or passport, and a copy of the owner’s book. If applicant is the owner, a copy of passport and ownership paperwork (book) is required.

6 hours ago, kimchibob said:

but a TM 30 is now required at Jomtien Immigration when processing an extension of stay.

Funny that as I renewed mine 2 weeks ago and it was never mentioned. Somehow they must have missed me :thumbsup:

• Like 2

And what if the rental contract is done through a real estate agent? Why would a tenant have access to owner's house registration documents when he's not dealing with the owner.

• Like 1

So you had a Non immigrant O-A visa ?

I originally had a Non-Immigrant O visa when I came to Thailand in 2013, which was good for 90 days. I then processed an extension of stay based on retirement. Up until this year, a TM 30 was not required.

And what if the rental contract is done through a real estate agent? Why would a tenant have access to owner's house registration documents when he's not dealing with the owner.

You’ll have to ask Immigration about that. The day I went, many people were turned away based on improper/incomplete documentation. There is only one lady that processes the TM 30 applications at window number 10. Her English is not great either. It is a very slow process. As with all things at Immigration, this could all change next week.

Ok so it seems they now want TM30   for retirement extensions   but not for "family"  extensions of Non-0

Not sure if that is true or not. But they wouldn’t process my retirement extension.

They processed my  Non-O extension  ( Married )   end of March  without the need to submit TM30
though it does say here that submitting TM7 notifies place of residence.

5ac9d8d77e9ce_90dayreport.jpg.80292272ca8d3b1df298f05e1171317f.jpg

I believe that only applies to your first extension.

Renewed my retirement extension last week ( for the 13th year) no mention of TM30! I have stayed at my own home since 2005 and only left the country on an annual two week holiday. Oh, I did have to sign two extra forms, one stating the overstay penalties and the other stating that I am not allowed to work whilst on a retirement extension. 

Edited by JohnC
Additional info

2 hours ago, kimchibob said:

You’ll have to ask Immigration about that. The day I went, many people were turned away based on improper/incomplete documentation. There is only one lady that processes the TM 30 applications at window number 10. Her English is not great either. It is a very slow process. As with all things at Immigration, this could all change next week.

I'll have to get the real estate company onto this one.

• Like 1

Successfully processed today. The TM-30 lady told me that a new TM-30 is required every time you leave country and come back, even if on long term visa. Must be processed within 24 hrs of arrival or house owner will be fined.

Successfully processed today. The TM-30 lady told me that a new TM-30 is required every time you leave country and come back, even if on long term visa. Must be processed within 24 hrs of arrival or house owner will be fined.

Strange, as last week I was specifically told the opposite: you dont need to file a new TM30 if you have not changed your residence and have not been away for more than 30 days.
I wish they would sort themselves out: how hard can it be?

• Like 1

+1, was told on retirement need report once and only again if change of address. Yes, seen many people getting fined the 1'600 for late reporting. Process was fast and friendly with 3 ladies doing the registration. With so much contradicting info maybe TV could do an official inquiry and inform us.... MS>

• Like 1

With so much contradicting info maybe TV could do an official inquiry and inform us....

That would indeed be a very useful function, and of much more interest to many more people than most of the so-called "news" items and blogs posted on here by admin.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, moonseeker said:

With so much contradicting info maybe TV could do an official inquiry and inform us.... MS>

But it depends on which IO you ask as to what answer you get.

What they need is training so they all give out the same (hopefully correct??) information.

• Like 1