Filing a complaint for unfair dismissal

Hey T.V community. Just to give everyone an update. The school needed me to sign some documents to cancel my work permit. I explained that I was fired and I did not resign, which the school admitted. I asked to see the termination letter stating the reason I was fired with cause. They had no such letter, so I refused to sign their documents. The school claims that they can cancel my work permit themselves without my signature anyway. I explained that this was untrue as they need power of attorney to do so, in which they denied. They also stated that my work permit will expire at the end of the month so it doesn't matter. For the record I was spoken to in an abrasive manner and told that the school can do as it pleases.

I've done as the central labor court recommended. The next step is to go to the MOE and request a copy of the school registration, then go back to the central labor court and take it from there. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 4/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, markusss said:

Hey T.V community. Just to give everyone an update. The school needed me to sign some documents to cancel my work permit. I explained that I was fired and I did not resign, which the school admitted. I asked to see the termination letter stating the reason I was fired with cause. They had no such letter, so I refused to sign their documents. The school claims that they can cancel my work permit themselves without my signature anyway. I explained that this was untrue as they need power of attorney to do so, in which they denied. They also stated that my work permit will expire at the end of the month so it doesn't matter. For the record I was spoken to in an abrasive manner and told that the school can do as it pleases.

I've done as the central labor court recommended. The next step is to go to the MOE and request a copy of the school registration, then go back to the central labor court and take it from there. 

Just wondering if you were successful or not. An old topic but I am a sucker for happy endings ????

On 4/17/2022 at 10:59 AM, stament said:

Just wondering if you were successful or not. An old topic but I am a sucker for happy endings ????

The school payed me a settlement outside of court. I was very happy with the result ???? They certainly were not!  สมน้ำหน้า สะใจมาก ????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, markusss said:

The school payed me a settlement outside of court. I was very happy with the result ???? They certainly were not!  สมน้ำหน้า สะใจมาก ????

Congratulations, very pleased for you. I guess they realised they would lose.

Edited by stament
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 9:33 AM, overherebc said:

I learned many years ago, maybe doesn't apply so much now with colour copy systems, sign everything with blue ink.

Better way is to put 2 diagonal stripes through the document and signature and write the reasoning for the copy between the lines.

I always do this and it's never a problem.

19 minutes ago, merijn said:

Better way is to put 2 diagonal stripes through the document and signature and write the reasoning for the copy between the lines.

Before doing a reply please read the date on them. Quoting a post that is almost 4 years old is not useful.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Before doing a reply please read the date on them. Quoting a post that is almost 4 years old is not useful.

Maybe not for the person i replied to but it is useful as general information for others ????

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, markusss said:

Glad to hear this.

I am in similar situation, It will be great if you could share some insights.

Can it be done by employee or we need to hire a lawyer?

Was sending a notification by lawyer was more than enough?

Could you please share how much it costed you to hire lawyer? (if you hired)

How many days it took in total?

Any do's and don'ts? Any additional tips?

Edited by akda