Russian bid for joint inquiry into England spy poisoning fails

webfact

22 hours ago, tumama said:

Anyone notice how Porton Down is just 12 km from Salisbury? Porton Down has already confirmed they had the nerve agent present at their site before the poisoning. Most likely the only place in the U.K where they did. And the ex spy just happen to live right next to it. What are the odds?

Could it be that he actually secretly worked at Porton Down. That he somehow contaminated himself, got sick, went home and accidentally contaminated his daughter as well? If so, perhaps they decided it would be to hard to cover up and they just decided to go all in and blame Russia for the whole thing.

That would explain why they lied about the origins of the nerve agent and why they refuse to follow international protocols. It also explains why the girl is recovering and the policeman is already fully recovered. 

Would you like to buy some conspiracy tinfoil hats?

There is a great choice here.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tinfoil+hat&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMmLe_86TaAhVILo8KHZXDCN8Q7AkIiwE&biw=1271&bih=611

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, Morch said:

Did Porton Down actually officially confirm that they had the nerve agent present at their site before the poisoning? As far as I recall, more like unconfirmed assumptions by commentators - could be wrong.

Other than raising unfounded conspiracy theories based on nothing whatsoever (not even the first premise) - why would the UK government go through all this trouble (not to mention diplomatic issues) to cover up something of the sort?

I believe they were asked if the nerve agent could have escaped their lab, to which they replied it could not have due to security restrictions.

My theory is the only theory that is not a conspiracy theory, yet you call mine that. The irony. Why would they go through that? Because they don't want people to know they have a clandestine chemical weapons program perhaps? Whatever the truth is, it certainly seems more like a clumpy cover up and not a well planned false flag attack. 

Does no one think it's odd this Russian just happen to live in Salisbury? It's the closest large town to Porton Down.

Edited by tumama

2 hours ago, tumama said:

I believe they were asked if the nerve agent could have escaped their lab, to which they replied it could not have due to security restrictions.

My theory is the only theory that is not a conspiracy theory, yet you call mine that. The irony. Why would they go through that? Because they don't want people to know they have a clandestine chemical weapons program perhaps? Whatever the truth is, it certainly seems more like a clumpy cover up and not a well planned false flag attack. 

Does no one think it's odd this Russian just happen to live in Salisbury? It's the closest large town to Porton Down.

No I don't think it is odd at all. 40,301 other people live there to and I am sure that quite a few also work at Porton Down. After all people have to live somewhere and IIRC Salisbury is a beautiful place to live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury

Salisbury (various pronunciations,[a] but locally /ˈsɔːzbri/, SAWZ-bree) is a cathedral city in Wiltshire, England, and the only city within the county. It is the third-largest settlement in the county, after Swindon and Chippenham, with a population of 40,302.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No I don't think it is odd at all. 40,301 other people live there to and I am sure that quite a few also work at Porton Down. After all people have to live somewhere and IIRC Salisbury is a beautiful place to live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury

Salisbury (various pronunciations,[a] but locally /ˈsɔːzbri/, SAWZ-bree) is a cathedral city in Wiltshire, England, and the only city within the county. It is the third-largest settlement in the county, after Swindon and Chippenham, with a population of 40,302.

Sure people have to live somewhere. But it's a pretty weird co-incidence that he chose that place and then got poisoned there. I find it amazing that you don't find that odd.

1 hour ago, tumama said:

Sure people have to live somewhere. But it's a pretty weird co-incidence that he chose that place and then got poisoned there. I find it amazing that you don't find that odd.

I understand the person who recruited him lives nearby, 

6 hours ago, tumama said:

I'm not interested in your beliefs, sorry. Nor in minute casting and over interpretations of comments. Either the did or they didn't. Building a whole theory using your "premise" is rather lame.

How is your "theory" not a conspiracy theory? You claim a cover up for presumed secret government project gone wrong. You have no clear indication that your claims are founded. Sounds legit...Not.

And no, I don't find it odd, sorry. Explained in posts above.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tumama said:

I am amazed that you find it a weird co-incidence.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, Morch said:

I'm not interested in your beliefs, sorry. Nor in minute casting and over interpretations of comments. Either the did or they didn't. Building a whole theory using your "premise" is rather lame.

How is your "theory" not a conspiracy theory? You claim a cover up for presumed secret government project gone wrong. You have no clear indication that your claims are founded. Sounds legit...Not.

And no, I don't find it odd, sorry. Explained in posts above.

If it was an accident there is no conspiracy. I don't necessarily believe there was or is a secret government project. I merely said it was a possibility for a cover up. 

I'm not interested in your lame conspiracy theories either. 

3 minutes ago, tumama said:

If it was an accident there is no conspiracy. I don't necessarily believe there was or is a secret government project. I merely said it was a possibility for a cover up. 

I'm not interested in your lame conspiracy theories either. 

A supposed cover up blaming an assumed accident on Russia is not a conspiracy....ah, that explains it.

:coffee1:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Sounds legit...

REN TV has been accused of combining pieces of scientific shows and interviews to produce pseudoscientific "documentaries". In 2015, REN TV's documentaries were awarded "the most harmful pseudoscientific project (for spreading of myths, delusions and superstitions)" antiprize of a state prize of the Ministry of Education and Science for propaganda of conspiracy theories and mistrust for science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REN_TV#Criticism

• Like 2

On 07/04/2018 at 10:38 AM, FritsSikkink said:

You should get better informed. Nobody died and there is no proof whatsoever that Russia is involved.

There have been a number of weird deaths of Russians over the years...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russian-deaths-uk-history-spies-murder-sergei-skripal-alexander-litvinenko-a8242061.html

And the Skriples sure have had their bad luck, Sergei's wife, Liudmila died in 2012, her cause of death was “disseminated endometrial carcinoma”, a type of cancer that begins in the womb, that probably was not foul but I certainly would rule it out given his son died in more suspicious circumstances

Sergei Skripal’s 43 year old son died last year in St Petersburg while on holiday with his girlfriend after being admitted to hospital with liver failure.

Unless he was a alcoholic I would certainly be suspicious of poisoning .

• Like 2

A No.10 spokesperson said:

The Prime Minister spoke with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko this evening about the attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter and the reckless endangerment of the British public through the use of a military grade nerve agent developed by Russia.

President Poroshenko condemned the appalling act and pledged that the Ukraine would continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with the UK in the face of Russian aggression. The President also welcomed the news that the conditions of Mr Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, were improving.

The Prime Minister thanked President Poroshenko for the Ukraine’s support and expulsion of 13 Russian diplomats. She noted that this was not just a strong signal of solidarity with the UK, but also of commitment to our collective security. The Prime Minister highlighted that the breadth and extent of the international response to Salisbury sent a clear message that Russia’s malign actions will not be tolerated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-call-with-president-poroshenko-11-april-2018

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 10:02 AM, FritsSikkink said:

^^^^^

Where is the proof they actually did something?

We have a winner here. A declaration that Russia did it has been made. We're told only Russia could have the substance involved. Only one country having any specific substance? Doesn't smell right to me. And now a joint investigation is rejected for a closed door investigation? This is smelling worse with each passing revelation. But the sheeple lap up any accusation about Russia that is peddled to them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

We have a winner here. A declaration that Russia did it has been made. We're told only Russia could have the substance involved. Only one country having any specific substance? Doesn't smell right to me. And now a joint investigation is rejected for a closed door investigation? This is smelling worse with each passing revelation. But the sheeple lap up any accusation about Russia that is peddled to them.

"A declaration has been made" Trump makes many a day, are they all true?

"Only Russia has the substance" not true, the UK has it too in their military test site (a few miles from where the attack took place)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

"A declaration has been made" Trump makes many a day, are they all true?

"Only Russia has the substance" not true, the UK has it too in their military test site (a few miles from where the attack took place)

So we agree a country other than Russia could have substance in question.

2 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

Smelly theories.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

So we agree a country other than Russia could have substance in question.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, The FT reports:

The UK's scientific analysis of the nerve agent used in the Salisbury attack has been confirmed by the international watchdog, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.The published summary report did not name the compound, which Britain has said is a military grade nerve agent from the Novichok family, produced in Russia. The OPCW said it has named the chemical in its “full classified report” available to 192 state parties, including Russia.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The UK's scientific analysis of the nerve agent used in the Salisbury attack has been confirmed by the international watchdog, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.The published summary report did not name the compound, which Britain has said is a military grade nerve agent from the Novichok family, produced in Russia. The OPCW said it has named the chemical in its “full classified report” available to 192 state parties, including Russia.

So we agree Russia isn't the only country with access to this substance. Thanks for the assist in my real world point made.

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

29 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

So we agree Russia isn't the only country with access to this substance. Thanks for the assist in my real world point made.

Absolutely zero in the words of the reported above supporting your attempt to kick the matter into the long grass, but hey RT (and some on this thread) will not be stopped from plugging away.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, SheungWan said:

You mean, apart from a trail of dead people?

On 4/7/2018 at 5:38 PM, FritsSikkink said:

You should get better informed. Nobody died and there is no proof whatsoever that Russia is involved.

You want someone who died? How about the latest one, Maxim Borodin?