Four suspects arrested for the death of a young woman during a ritual to chase “evil spirit”

rooster59

Four suspects arrested for the death of a young woman during a ritual to chase “evil spirit”

monk.jpg

Police have arrested four persons for alleged involvement with the death of an 18-year-old woman after she drank “sacred water” in a ritual to drive away evil spirits organised by the four.

Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said on Friday (April 6) that the fifth suspect – a monk – is still at large and the police are still hunting for him.

He added that the five suspects belong to a cheating gang which preyed on the gullible by convincing them to their concocted “sacred” water to do away with their bad luck or spirit.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-suspects-arrested-death-young-woman-ritual-chase-evil-spirit/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-07
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He added that the five suspects belong to a cheating gang which preyed on the gullible by convincing them to their concocted “sacred” water to do away with their bad luck or spirit.

In this case they were indeed successful.......The victim died and the evil spirit with her

The operation was successful...but the patient died!!

Edited by JOC
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, JOC said:

In this case they were indeed successful.......The victim died and the evil spirit with her

The operation was successful...but the patient died!!

Doesn't sound all that different than 

a lot of so called Western medical cures. 

• Like 1

They should throw the parents in the same cell with these pervert fraudsters. But what can we expect if the ruler of this country is publicly showing half a dozen amulets hanging around his neck to avoid being bothered by evil spirits. I don't believe in all this crap however, in his case I would side with the ghosts and spirits. 

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 2

Good grief, when you read stories like this it sheds a whole new light on why it is a Herculean task to even address issues such as domestic violence, traffic fatalities and other 'social situations' that are so common in the country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

If both the Mother and daughter were not so stupid in the first place to believe the rubbish they were told, the daughter would still be alive today  R.I.P

Sadly though they are just 2 of millions here in Thailand  that believe all this  hocus pocus evil spriit nonsense.

Yep exactly completely brainwashed

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Every single one of them believes this nonsense, even the Oxford/Eton educated ones.  

But it's just like some believe other religions - that they can do whatever they like as long as they ask (and pay for) forgiveness! Or that killing non believers will get them rewards in heaven!

And you're right, education and level of education is not always the moderator of such superstitious belief many think it might be.

2 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

This is like saying (whenever an aeroplane crashes) "Man was not meant to fly!"

At least 'Western medicine' works. When you have a spare 10 minutes, go do some research.

And when you have 10 minutes review the number of hospital deaths each year that are hospital fault, for the USA it is upwards of 400,000 / year.  

Edited by Artisi

1 hour ago, Roel said:

Last week I met a friend of mine who is a retired professor in mathematics and I was surprised to see him wearing a big amulet around his neck. What happened to you I asked. You always said that superstition was for the ignorant and uneducated. True he said, but the monk I bought this from told me that the amulet also works if you don't believe in it.

Ha Ha ... My father was highly intelligent. A font of knowledge, a man people turned to for advice and up to the day before he died an athiest. Yep the night before he died he covered his options and was baptised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chang1 said:

You must be joking. 

Guess something like 400,000 unnecessary hospital deaths  / year in the USA is joking. 

Edited by Artisi

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

If both the Mother and daughter were not so stupid in the first place to believe the rubbish they were told, the daughter would still be alive today  R.I.P

Sadly though they are just 2 of millions here in Thailand  that believe all this  hocus pocus evil spriit nonsense.

Such an insensitive comment with complete disregard of their actual mental conditions. I doubt you have any relevant information in this respect. I'll stand corrected if you prove me otherwise.

Mostly such behavior and actions of mother and daughter comes down to the poor state of the education system in Thailand. With education you don't fall victim to these tricks.

• Like 1