Neighbors aggressive dog

banagan

I did have a person near Korat who had a litter if pups hanging around.  Meaning she fed them some.   Told me the local official poisoned them and she found them dying.    It is done by the village headpin in rural Thailand.  

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

Is it ok for neighbors cat to come kill some of the 50 birds or more which come to my feeder daily.  As far as I'm concerned a dove or quails life is equal to a cat.   I don't mind the Hawks snatching their share but a domestic cat can not. 

That's why they should have a bell on their collar.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:30 AM, Fish Head Soup said:

Ride slower, if the dog takes after you just come to a stop, and switch the engine off. Beckon the dog over to you, give it a few snacks, it will soon be you're friend. Main thing is that it gets used to your bike, it will soon leave you alone but the worst thing to do is accelerate away if it goes to chase you. You will find the dog is all bark and no bite if you stop.

Really no need to read further than this post.

GF will not ride her bike around village and her fear of not going past certain houses because of dogs.  

With pre instructions not to freak out...talked about the chase reflect, how to identify some basic posturing and how to identify a red zone case just in case.

After that, I had her ride with me past the house... keeping me between her and the dogs.  Four dogs coming running out, barking.  We stopped, got down to one knee (still maintaining a defensive position just in case and I had the bike ready to block any attack).  Speak softly, don't offer any hands, let them come to you and sniff, check out the bikes.  As I had told her, there is usually one that is less aggressive (the others usually just following the alpha lead) and sure enough one started licking and soon 2 others followed.  The one alpha female stayed away and just looked, she stopped barking and soon walked off.   The other 3 wanted to follow us. 
Like FHS said, do this a few times and when you ride past, they'll barely lift their heads when you ride past.

Fire them up each time and they'll chase you and bark.  Put them in a fear mode and they'll likely bite you.