On Applying For Your Non-immigrant O Multi Entry Visa Uk/ireland

I need a wee bit of info/advice please on applying for my Visa...

Basically Im stuck in Ireland atm till about 19th of Feb when Im planning on flying to Thailand from the UK on the 27th of Feb....As yet I dont have my visas sorted out tho and was wondering on the following:

Is the Thai Consul in Dublin open to issuing Non-Imm Os Multi Entry to people on UK passports? I understand the consul in Hull is very good at issuing them.

And,

For purpose of visit, what you suggest as a good reason? My folks can switch over to retirement visa later on, but as Im not married/visiting relatives etc (just wishing to spend an extended period of time over there) just curious as to what would be appropriate to mention for a Non-Imm O M.

If the embassy in Dublin is a no goer im tempted to Fedex the forms/passports etc to a friend in Wales to get it all done at Hull and have him Fedex everything back!

Cheers

I don't think that you are entitled to a non-immigrant O and I am not sure why you are applying foe one.

I have previously recieved triple entry multiple entry tourist visas from the Dublin consul without any problems. This can last for up to nine months with extensions.

Many people apply for a Non Imm O and get one to have a years stay even if not married (says on the forms can just be visiting friends to apply)...Im moving to Thailand and for me this is the best visa I can get for length of stay, then return to the UK once a year to get a new one..

Sorry, I didn't realise that it was that easy to get a non-immigrant o visa.

I have lived in Thailand for the last five years and have been reliant on triple entry multiples followed by monthly visa runs and then returning to Ireland yearly for a new visa. I am no longer sure that it is possiple to continure the monthly visa runs once the multiple entry is finished, but I could very easily be wrong. This is why I am changing to a non-o based on marriage.

I wish you the best of luck with your application and maybe someone else can tell you what to write on it and where to send it.

Many people apply for a Non Imm O and get one to have a years stay even if not married (says on the forms can just be visiting friends to apply)...Im moving to Thailand and for me this is the best visa I can get for length of stay, then return to the UK once a year to get a new one..

Guess you've answered your own query then :o Why ask in the first place ?

Naka.

I wasnt aware that Dublin was a friendly consul.. I had been told they were not.

Can anyone confirm ??

Forms used vary by the Consulate. There is no set form and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (who the Consulates work for) web site no longer lists visiting friends as a valid reason for a non immigrant O visa at my last check.